WHAT TO DO WHE YOU ARE ON A LONG VACATION?

I will be going on about 2 weeks vacation with my family. We will be driving most of time. I exercise 5 days a week with you in the morning, but I won't be able to take you with me on my vacation. I am afraid that my strength and stemina will diminish after a long break. I would like know your suggestions for how to keep up with workout on the road. Thank you for your awesome workout. I love your pyramid lower and upper body training.
Na-Young Anderson :)

Hi Na-Young Anderson! 25 minutes a morning is all you need to maintain enough so that when you come back you will not feel out of the loop. Bring one set of moderate pound dumbbells (5 or 8 pounds)Here is a sample two week vacation workout:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday

a) Warm Up:
5 minute brisk walk

b) Legs:
Leg Blast:
30 seconds non-weighted squats
30 seconds plyo jacks
30 seconds squats/ with dumbbells in hands
30 seconds front kicks (no dumbells)
30 seconds side kicks (no dumbbells)

Forward lunges (with dumbbells)....3 sets 15 reps (Rt leg 15 / Left leg 15 then do the next set).

Back lunges (with dumbbells).....Same reps/sets as forward lunges.

c) Torso/Arms
Chest: 3 sets of 10 push ups...On last rep of last set hold push up 1/2 way down for 20 seconds.

Back: One arm dumbbell rows (put both weights in one hand) do 3 sets of 15 reps per arm.

Biceps: Concentration curls (put both weights in one arm)do 3 sets of 15 reps.

Triceps: ALTERNATE one set of dips (15 reps) with one set of double arm kickbacks (do as many as you can with that weight and good form). Do three alternating sets.

Shoulders: Seated bent arm side lateral raises (10 reps) right into rear delt flys (as many as you can with that weight and good form). Do three alternating sets.

Abs: traditional crunches for 3 minutes and then flip over and hold a one minute plank

Stretch

Tues/Thursday/Saturday

A 25 minute walk/run (this includes 5 minute brisk walk warm up and three minute stretch)

Bon Voyage :)

:) :) :)

Wow. I'm not Na-Young, but that's a truly amazing response, Cathe! I'll have to print this out and save it for the next time I'm lucky enough to be going on a two-week vacation. :)

RE: Thanks Cathe!

Well Cathe, I'm printing this out for next years trip to Florida. I just got back two weeks ago and I ended up bringing the VCR, and several weights and did your ME PH type workouts in my condo bedroom! I sure appreciated you coming along, but thanks so much for this travel workout, looks very doable!!!

Briee

RE: Thanks Cathe!

This rotation looks great! I plan to use it the last week of March when I will be in California for Spring Break.

Tracy

Dear Cathe,
Thank you so much for a such detailed workout instruction. I have made a copy to take with me. I already told my husband that I will be taking light dumbbells with me. We will be taking our camper for this trip. This will be our first a long trip with the camper. Thank you again. I love your dedication to us.
Na-Young Anderson:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.