Weights on CTX

mariah1161

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I just wanted to add my voice to all the others in PRAISE of these new tapes! I really LOVE them!
I have all your tapes but could never stick with a MIS or PS rotation long enough to really reap the benefits(I'm a Diehard CardioQueen in need of more weight training). My question is since I want to use CTX weights for more than a Maintenance routine what is the best way to combine them? I know there are so many different ways to combine them but I would love for you to give me a few suggestion.
Thanks,thanks, thanks..........
Maria :0)

Interested also!!

Can we rotate it so we will gain results? I do two CTX videos a day and I go as heavy as I can handel. Will this be enough? Or is there something else we should do? Thanks
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
!!

Hi Mariah

In my opinion the new CTX is more than just a maintenance routine. Especially if you have been avoiding weights. I would try the CTX series for 6-8 weeks and monitor your results. If after 6-8 weeks you are not seeing the results that you desire. I would add in another workout, such as MIS or add a second CTX workout to really target your problem areas. For example:

Monday- Cardio** and CTX back and chest weight work. Make sure to give yourself 2-3 days in between Leaner Legs and Power Circuit if you decide to do all of Power Circuit for your cardio that day (due to the extra leg workout).

Tuesday- Cardio** and CTX Bicep and Tricep weight work.

Wednesday-Leaner Legs

Thursday-Cardio** and CTX Shoulder work.

Friday-Cardio**

Saturday- Focus on your problem areas. For example, I want more development in my shoulders and legs. So I would work my shoulders with either the CTX shoulder or PS shoulder weight work and then do Leaner Legs or the PS Leg work.

Sunday-Rest or Cardio**

**CTX cardio or other Cathe step videos.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Susan

Cathe?

A while back you had posted that the new workout tapes strength sections are actually structured as more of a maintenance rotation (even though they can be used in other ways too). Cathe, I would LOVE if you can give me a rotation that would use CTX Weights Section to the Max! and also what to do next (I have PS & MIS)
Thanks Again! And thanks Susan for your input!
happy.gif

Maria :eek:)

Cathe, I'd like to know too! :eek:)

I would like to do the CTX strength sections more than once a week. Would it be good to do one of the cardios first and then do it PS style--Chest/Shoul/Tri one day then Back/Bi the next, rest day then the CTX strength again? Or can we do it MIS style for upper body 2x per week? Would that change the results from maintenance? I'm not yet needing maitenance (tons of fat to lose first)so I'd like to use these tapes to help lose weight/fat. Thanks Cathe

Aimee

Since you are doing 2 a day, does this mean each body part will get worked 2x per week? This is what I want to do except do 1 cardio section and 2 body parts (or 3) so each part gets worked twice. There are soo many rotations we can do so I'd love to hear what Cathe tells us.

Yep, 2x/week!!

I don't know if it'll give gaining results, but I feel better doing more than the once per week. The only difference between our rotations is I do both cardios. Have you see any results yet? I've notice my stomache seems a little flatter, and I am getting stronger, but not any more definition in other body parts yet. Of course, this is only my 8th day
wink.gif
!

what I'm doing

I got the new set a couple of weeks ago and I have been combining only the weight sections once a week in a one hour "weight day" and using circuit Max once a week as my other weight day. I feel like my muscles have gotten larger. Before that I was doing PS and MIS and working my muscles very hard.

Right now I want to continue running/walking outside until it gets too cold. I'll probably go back to PS series around the end of Oct. for 6 - 8 weeks. I am saving my 6 pack for the middle of winter when I have to go to the dreaded dungeon (my basement) everyday to workout.

Sometimes it is interesting to hear how others are using their tapes, so I thought I'd toss this out.

Wow Aimee!!

You're seeing results after one week?!?! Good for you! I haven't decided where to start yet, but when I do, I'm only doing one cardio and jsut do more weights. Have you been through them all already?

I think it's because

I'm doing alot more ab work!! And the second time I did LL I was able to stay with Cathe weight for weight
happy.gif
! Well, except on the leg presses, I went 5lbs heavier! I've done all the tapes twice now, except for CM&CK I've done them once. I decided to put those in with a rotation with BMax. That will start in Oct.. I'm doing the back video today (if I ever find the time) So far I've had 2 soccer games(my kids), a dentist appt., still have to go gorcery shopping, and clean the house YUCK
sad.gif
!

CTX Upper Body

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-00 AT 04:34PM (EST)</font></center>

Jul,
How was it, doing all the segments in one workout?
Maria

Tough!

I do them in this order: biceps, back, triceps, chest, shoulders. By the time I get to chest I can barely finish. In fact I had to stop early with the presses. I decreased my barbell by taking off 3lb. weights from each side and for dumbells I either use the same weights as Cathe or have to lighten to the next lower dumbell. It takes approx. 1 hour.

I was Afraid of that! te he he

Hi Jul, Will you do it again? I was thinking of combining them all but after doing two back to back I changed my mind real quick.
wink.gif

Maria

Yeah, I'll do it again!

I'm on my third week of it! it is sort of like MIS without the legs and it seems tougher (but I guess it is longer since it is about 1 hour with only upper body!) Body sure feels it the next day! Love that good sore feeling!!

Hi Maria!

Yes, I was thinking of doing it that way. I want to rotate for about 6-8 weeks 2x per week and then go to doing the PS tapes once a week and really shock my system. Can't wait to see the results! :eek:)
Nancy

Hi again Aimee (it's Nancy)

I wonder if you can be seeing more results in the ab's because you added kickboxing? That plus the regular ab work from Cathe must work wonders!

I hadn't even considered that!!

It could be!! I just took my measurments today. At the end of Sept. I'm going to do it again to see how much progress I actually make with these tapes.

Rotations!

I love Rotations, I love making them & following them! Maybe Cathe could have a Rotation Corner!
I've been doing CTX Weights Back,Chest & Shoulders then the next day Bi's & Tri's then Legs and repeat. How does that sound?
Louise

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.