WEIGHTS & CARDIO SAME DAY

annie2867

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I just read that you shouldn't do cardio followed by a weight session as it is not good for your body and can lead to muscle loss. On weekends I usually do cardio in the morning and then weights in the afternoon, or, sometimes, I will do weights about an hour before cardio. Since I read this in a Men's fitness magazine I'm thinking maybe they are talking about the really hard hitters. If you have time to give your thoughts that would be great.

Thanks,
Annabel

I would love to hear info about this, too. Sometimes after I do a weight session, I love to go for a run... It feels so good, and if I take it easy, it actually seems to reduce soreness a little.

Sara

Since I read this in a Men's
>fitness magazine I'm thinking maybe they are talking about the
>really hard hitters. If you have time to give your thoughts
>that would be great.
>
>Thanks,
>Annabel
>
>
Annabel,
I've seen this info, too, and I think you're right: it applies mostly to hard-core body builders who want to be HUGE. When I read about the workout schedule of female fitness athletes, they don't seem to avoid cardio.

I have been doing a cardio session followed by weights 3x/week for the past 1.5 years. I've lost 80 lbs by doing so, and am quite toned.

Hi Annabel! I have not seen the article but yes, if you want to gain large amounts of muscle, then rest, rather than a cardio workout, would probably be the better follow up choice. I agree, it sounds as if they are targeting the hard core lifting audience.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.