Weights + cardio

lay

I started doing my weight training and cardio in the same workout (not intervals). I jog 5 mins to the gym (on college campus), do weights for about 20 mins, then go out and run again for about 15-20 mins. I feel like I get a good workout, but I know I'm not running as long as I normally would (30-35 mins) if I didn't do the weights. Would it be better to split the 2?
(I do Cathe cardio and strength tapes on weekends)
Thanks!!

RE: Weights cardio

Hi, lay, I often combine cardio and weight training. In fact, I'll run 4-5 miles then do a leg or upper body workout depending on what day it is. There's no reason you can't run for 30-35 minutes and then do your weight training. If it's difficult at first, you'll be amazed how quickly both your endurance and your strength increase.

Another interesting thing I have found is that using Cathe's workouts to crosstrain with running has enabled me to increase both my running speed and endurance while only running a couple times a week as opposed the the 35 miles I used to like to put in. I training for a few races but am not running exclusively and my results have been great.

It's really what works best for you!

Have fun!
B http://www.plaudersmilies.de/natur/petals.gif obbi

Hi Lay! If you keep your results with this method, then keep it up. If your results start to slide, split them up. But if you are doing cardio and strength on the weekends too, you'll probably be fine doing what your doing during the week. Time will tell. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.