Weights BPM?

FoolofaTook

Cathlete
Hi everyone! I'm about to register for my ACE Personal Trainer certification and I'm pretty excited about it. I'd like to start collecting a few CDs as I plan to mainly go to peoples homes and workout with them there. I know my step bpms inside & out but I'm trying to figure out about what bpm range I should look for in weight training music. I usually just work along with Cathe DVDs and modify here & there for variation, but I don't know what speed she typically uses or what's considered standard. I found one I like that's 135 bpm and sounds about right for my purposes...but I thought I should check over here to see what advice I get before I go purchasing anything. Thanks in advance, hope everyone's enjoying their December! Laura =)

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm about to register for my ACE Personal Trainer certification and I'm pretty excited about it. I'd like to start collecting a few CDs as I plan to mainly go to peoples homes and workout with them there.

I know my step bpms inside & out but I'm trying to figure out about what bpm range I should look for in weight training music. I usually just work along with Cathe DVDs and modify here & there for variation, but I don't know what speed she typically uses or what's considered standard.

I found one I like that's 135 bpm and sounds about right for my purposes...but I thought I should check over here to see what advice I get before I go purchasing anything.

Thanks in advance, hope everyone's enjoying their December!

Laura =)

Hi Laura! I typically use 122 to 126 Bpm's for heavier weights (that's in group fitness classes, not working out in the weight room) and 128 to 130 BPM for lighter weights. Good luck with everything and be sure to ask this question in our Open Discussion forum to get more feedback from others. :)

Hi Cathe!! Thanks so much for your reply, that's extremely helpful! Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.