Weaker on one side...Pyramid Upper Body Proves It!

laurasparkman

Hoping Cathe and/or the educated crowd can help me out with this frustration...my left arm is significantly weaker than my right!

This problem was glaringly apparent when I first started weight training. However, I've been doing Pure Strength, Slow and Heavy, Power Hour and CTX Upper Body in a fairly intense rotation for most of last year, and have enjoyed some very nice strength gains overall. I hadn't noticed this problem so much while using the barbell, and so thought maybe things had evened out a bit.

However, the biceps segment of Pyramid Upper Body kicks my left arm into utter, whimpering submission long before my right arm gives up. I need some advice about how to build greater strength in my left arm and/or equalize capacity in both arms. Should I do extra sets with the left arm? Should I try to lift heavier with the left arm? Help!

I would love to hear the answer to this also :) I have the same problem but it's the left arm that's stronger, firmer, etc.

BTW, that's why I still don't use barbells. I knew that my stronger arm would end up doing most of the work so do all of Cathe's workouts with dumbbells. So far, it has not been too difficult.

dee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.