Weak and tired

cjanemartin

Cathlete
Dear Cathe,

I know how busy you are, but I really could use your advice. Wed. the 8th I joined weight watchers. I weighed in at 126. I just wanted to lose 12-15 pounds. Yesterday was my weigh in day. I lost 6 pounds. Is that possible? Now here I am working on my second week trying to do your videos like I always do 6 days a week. I was just trying to clean up the way I eat so my muscles would show (Ha Ha)

The reason I am whinning is because today I did the first half of MIC and went to doing the Pure Strength CST. I have done this many times before. I got through the chest part, though I had to lower the amount of weight I usually use. I started shoulder work and I usually do 3 sets of 15 on dumbell shoulder press. I couldn't even get through the sets with 10lbs. I walked away in tears.

I don't know if you know anything about weight watchers point system, but I wonder if I am getting enough calories/proteins to do my weight lifting. I followed the diet closely and even had points to spare at the end of the day. Yes, I lost weight, but it seems too much too soon as I am not very overweight.

Hope you take time to read and respond. I am a very big fan and am one of the many awaiting 4 DVDs. Can't wait. (Hope I have the strength to get through them) OK!! Enough of the feeling sorry for me thing. I will try try again tomorrow.

Thanks for listening and I eagerly await your advice,
Christi

Hi
i'm not cathe but i've been a weight watchers member for some time. you need to go back to the place where you have your weight watchers meetings and ask them to give you the "points booster" slide ruler. they give this out to members in week 4 but you need it now.

it gives you extra daily points based on the amount of exercise you did that day. you need to eat the max points for your weight limit each day plus figure out how many extra point you earned per day based on activity (from the new slide ruler) and consume those points in protein.

hope this helps.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-03 AT 10:06PM (Est)[/font][p]I have been a WW member for some 7 months now. I didn't have a problem like the one you mentioned until recently when I upped the intensity of my exercise and WW lowered my points because of the weight range I was in....I did some research and talked to several lifetime members and here is the scoop - 1 point is equal to 50-65 calories. I use 60 to be on the safe side. You get 1 point extra to eat per 100 calories burned. If you eat 18 points...well guess what - you are getting a whopping 1,080 calories. The WW system is not a bad one but it was NOT set up for people who actively exercise. I am still doing WW but I calculated how many calories I need per week by getting my BMR + exercise and then I translated that into points. It is working well so far.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I am going to try adding on some exercise points. I am also going to try to balance out my points better. I had 51 points banked that I didn't use last week. So, for this week I still have 0 points banked.

It is good to hear from other weight watcher dieters.

Take care <><

Christi

I no longer do WW but do feel it's a good program. When one is doing Cathe regular they should eat all their points daily + extra activity points. That's my 2 cents.

Working out high intensity and not fueling properly is physically debilitating.

Edith

Christi,
I'm not Cathe (obviously) but I lost 21 lbs with ww last year and am on maintenance. I told my leader during the first week that I exercised with cardio and heavy weights. She gave me the exercise slide ruler and told me to go ahead and add extra points for exercise. If I gained or didn't lose I'd know I had to cut back more. I always ate my maximum points and added extra for my exercise and I consistently lost weight. I feel if you already exercise a lot, you need the extra food. Six lbs in one week is a lot of weight to lose. You want to make sure it's not muscle you are sacrificing. Some of it may be water weight too, but I definitely think you need a bit more food. Good luck! WW and Cathe have been the solution for me!

Lynn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.