Wanna Chat here in Ask Cathe

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I'm going to go pick up my lunch next door and then eat it here while we chat. I'm going to stay with the Ask Cathe chat right now vs the actual Chat forum because I get numerous interuptions with phone calls and questions and it would be hard for me to concentrate in a live chat under those circumstances. Be back at 1pm. Hope to see you in a few minutes. Did anybody count how many times I said the word chat...LOL:D

STS Questions

Cathe:

It is good to "see" you again! :) I am enjoying the STS video clips on YouTube and would love to see one of the leg workouts. Are you planning to share more video clips or blog updates soon?

I am also curious to know how the one-rep max applies to body weight exercises like all those push-ups! Is the goal to simply do as many as I can with good form? If I modify all the push-ups (on my knees), will I still benefit from this series? My goal is to be able to do ONE on my toes by the time I finish STS. *wink*

I love what you wrote on the back of my "before" picture in July. I am keeping my focus and game face on! Yes, I can do this! :)

Have a blessed day, and have fun in New York next week! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
Hi Cathe!

Can't wait for STS! - I can see that you and the gang have had significant changes in body composition since starting the series. It looks very effective.

I've been hearing a lot recently about foam rolling to help with muscle tissue recovery - is this something that you do or advise clients to do?

Cathe, Cathe Cathe!!!

Great to hear from you. It seems like you are adding more and more things to your site/program/products/life all the time.

I'm in the middle of doing 4DS again, and I'm enjoying it so much. The quality of the workouts and the filming are fantastic. I know STS is going to be even better - can't wait.

Now, besides of course giving us a date to hope for with STS (I know... I understand... I can be patient...:) ) Do you have any suggestions for the 1 RM's? How far should we be... Should we wait a bit longer... I've done quite a few already - and I think I'm in for a shock when the workouts come out. I think I've been lifting too light. Anyway, do you have any thoughts about the 1 RM's?

Ben

STS ???

Are you planning to share more video clips or blog updates soon?

I am also curious to know how the one-rep max applies to body weight exercises like all those push-ups! Is the goal to simply do as many as I can with good form? If I modify all the push-ups (on my knees), will I still benefit from this series?

Hi Heather...Yes we are planning to post more STS clips just as soon as we have them available. A blog update will come soon too.

The "one rep max test" does not aplply to body weight exercises. Your goal is a good one. Keep your form, modify where/when you need to and each day try to do just one push up on your toes. One day you are going to go down and up on just your toes and I can't wait for you to write me when that happens. But no matter what.... toes, or knees, you will always benefit from push ups.

Stay strong Heather! Take Care:)

Hi Cathe!! I hope you are doing well!! It's so nice of you to take some time out to come "chat" with us!!

Hi Cathe, hope you ar enjoying your lunch.

Did you hear me talking to you this morning? I was doing B&G (all the way through) & boy was I talking to you!! I'm feeling the afterburn now!! LOVE that feeling.

Have you adjusted to the back to school routine. Takes us a week or so to get in the groove, but I think we about have it down.

Hi Cathe!

Love to see you here and hope you are enjoying your lunch!

Thinking of doing the SB - SJP 90 minute premix tonight! I love Imax X, but just did that last week!

Curious if you'll see mugs, pens, paper, etc... would love to decorate my desk here at work and seeing "Cathe" motivates me (desktop) to not smoke but more things will help me snack better ;)

Have a great day!!! Can't wait for more cardio from you as well!

Foam Rollers

I've been hearing a lot recently about foam rolling to help with muscle tissue recovery - is this something that you do or advise clients to do?[/quote]

Hi Deanamax! I have heard so many wonderful things about foam rollers and have tried them and they feel great! I'm all for improving muscle tissue recovery and this does seem to get in there good. I currently do not use these foam rollers in my fitness classes however am considering it. Take Care.

Foam rollers - that's sounds like a good idea for a next dvd. I have never done any of that so I would have no idea where to start. I have recently been doing alot of the SM & BS dvd's. They are wonderful. I even have my son do a segment after his soccer practice. I think he just likes looking at you lovely ladies!! LOL

Now, besides of course giving us a date to hope for with STS (I know... I understand... I can be patient...:) ) Do you have any suggestions for the 1 RM's? How far should we be... Should we wait a bit longer... I've done quite a few already - and I think I'm in for a shock when the workouts come out. I think I've been lifting too light. Anyway, do you have any thoughts about the 1 RM's?

Ben[/quote]

Hi Ben! Why wait....load it up and do it now :eek: The IRM test is not going to change THAT drastically once you get it. But the main reason we ask you to find it is because, as you have already noticed, most people underestimate their abilities. So once you are closer to the ball park you can make very subtle changes as needed but the initial goal is to get you TO the ball park.

Have Fun!:)

Hi Cathe

Don't really have any questions, (except of course the one that is on everyone mind- but I won't ask). I can't wait for STS. Just wanted to say 'hi'. I had a great time on the July RT. You are very inspiring and motivating to watch. I didn't really talk to you, though (I'm too shy and was in complete awe!!) I did get a good picture with ya though. I'm lookin foward to the next RT. I had a blast taking your classes and meeting new friends. Everyone had so much energy, it amazed me.
Thank You for all your hard work and dedication. see ya next year!
Chrissy

Hi Back to you :)

:D
Hi Cathe!! I hope you are doing well!! It's so nice of you to take some time out to come "chat" with us!!

Hi Catherine! I have my digital frame here on my desk that constantly displays hundreds of Road Trip pic's (thanks to all of you:D). You look so awesome in all of these pic's. Simply radiant! You go girl!

OK I have a question...

Do you take creatine? or any other supplements like fish oil, green tea, BCAAs? just curious.

Getting in the groove

Hi Cathe, hope you ar enjoying your lunch.

Did you hear me talking to you this morning? I was doing B&G (all the way through) & boy was I talking to you!! I'm feeling the afterburn now!! LOVE that feeling.

Have you adjusted to the back to school routine. Takes us a week or so to get in the groove, but I think we about have it down.

Thats who that was Tami ;) I kept thinking I was hearing voices in my head. Well go ahead, keep your talking, I mean burning ha, I can take it :D

Yes, just yesterday I was feeling we have the school routine down too. The kids are NOT liking the homework already though. Oh well, it's gotta get done, no matter how you slice it. Take care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.