veiny forearms

kellyj

Cathe,
I absolutely love your BodyMax video! I have been doing it twice a week for the last couple of months. It has made a world of difference in my body and in my life. One thing that I noticed though that I don't love is that the veins in my forearms are starting to protrude a little. Why is this happening and is there a way to avoid this?
Thanks.

Hi Kelly! You are not alone, I too, am a veiny person.

As your body fat decreases and your cardio capacity increases, some people will notice that their veins become more prominent in areas that don't typically have a lot of body fat. Your genetics play a big role in this too. Some peoples veins are just closer to the skins surface. Unfortunately, outside of stopping or lifting very little, there really is no way to keep this from happening.

This is so interesting--I love the look of "veiny forearms" in women! It's a look I covet, and I love seeing it in Cathe and other really fit people because to me it says trim, fit and healthy! I was really happy when my body fat starting going down and I first started seeing hints of that kind of veiny appearance in my own arms. Isn't it funny how something that is attractive to one person is another person's idea of something to be avoided?:):):)

I got my bodyfat down primarily by upping my cardio (I go on 3-4 mile runs several times a week). That's in addition to weight training (love, love, love the Pure Strength series!) and doing advanced-level cardio videos. Diet-wise, it helped enormously when I eliminated sugar and refined/processed foods as much as possible, increased my protein intake and switched over to whole grain breads and other whole-grain carbs. And drinking lots of water does wonders! I could do a lot better in that department.:):)

This is just what seems to be working for me. I'm still trying to get something approximating those lean "veiny" Cathe forearms--would love to hear how she stays so lean (other than those great genes)! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.