Is this true????

slenamond

Cathlete
Cathe,

Someone (a so-called expert) told my friend if you have carbs 3 hours prior to working out that you might as well not waste your time.
It is dong no good.

Too, that if you eat carbs 2 hours prior to bed that you will never make any progress with diet.

One more thing, I started back working out this past two weeks and my dear hubby honestly answered the question I asked "Do you think I look bigger?" He said my rear looked bigger. Could I be swollen from the leg ang glute work I have done or am I just wishful thinking?

Thanks and can't wait for the new workouts!!!

Sharon

Wow! That so-called "expert" is WAY of the mark!

There are good carbs and bad carbs but the ultimate results comes from a calories in /calories out formula.

If you burn more calories than you take in, you will lose weight. If you take in more calories than you burn then you will gain.

Most mornings I grab a cup of coffee with milk and a half cup of Fiber One Cereal (a carb) before doing a Cathe workout. Trust me, it has done a WORLD of good for my body!:7

Also, while I was losing weight, (I've kept 50 pounds off for 8 years)my young children would wake up nearly every night around 3:00am. I usually had a bowl of cereal (another carb) while they were up.

Your body will thank you for choosing more of the Fruit, Vegetable, or WholeGrain carbs. They are a much needed source of energy!

Good Luck!

Terri

This 'so-called" (as you rightly state) 'expert' is obviously a carbophobe. There are far better sources of nutritional information out there than this person.

I read somewhere that your body uses carbs for fuel & that your brain needs carbs to function. Of course we're talking good crabs. Whole grains, fruit, vegies.

You might want to clarify with this person what THEY mean by 'carbs.' If they are referriing to white carbs (flour, sugar), then I'd agree with them more than if they are using the term correctly (grains, fruits, veggies). Some people (even so-called, or is it 'self-proclaimed'? 'experts') aren't really clear on what carbohydrates are, and use the term just to refer to 'bad carbs'(high glycemic, simple and/or processed carbohydrates).

Carbs and food aside... You already got really good answers on this. But I feel compelled to add: Any work out done is better than no work out at all. I don't care if you eat the whole freaking planet! It's better to work out than to not work out.

Hi Sharon! It is common for muscles to be fuller during the adaptation and recovery phase as it is a natural part of the healing process. Now if you want your rear to remain fuller, then keep working at it and yourhard earned results will soon follow :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.