Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Ask Cathe

Ask Cathe This is a forum to ask Cathe Friedrich a question. Cathe can't answer every post, but will try to answer as many as possible.

Training Back Muscles

This is a discussion on Training Back Muscles within the Ask Cathe forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I did Muscle Max today and it was the first time in a while that I had done that sort ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Cathlete
mom2kttj's Profile Fields

Default Training Back Muscles

I did Muscle Max today and it was the first time in a while that I had done that sort of workout (I have been doing STS). With that older style (higher reps) of workout the burn is much more intense. I understand that doesn't necessarily mean I'm working harder. While reflecting about the workout I realized that while I felt this lactic acid build in my legs, shoulders, biceps, and a little in my triceps I have never felt it in my back. I never feel the burn in my back. Does this mean I'm not lifting enough or bad form or possibly both.

In short, do you feel the "burn" in your back?

Sarah
Old 04-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Cathlete
RapidBreath's Profile Fields

I rarely feel the 'burn' but I get doms frequently so I don't worry about it. I only get 'burn' on hilly runs.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

I don't usually feel the burn in my back either, especially with traditional weight work. I do, however, get a great workout and feel DOMS when I do kettlebell swings. The traditional, simple swing strengthens my lower back and the overhead swing gives me awesome DOMS in my mid back (between the shoulder blades). Suitcase swings and rows with the kettlebell work my lats nicely. I really hope Cathe incorporates kettlebells in the future!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt