Too much high impact?

D

debmac

Well, as much as i hate to admit this, maybe 6 days/week of the CTX cardio segments are a bit much for this 38 year old's knees to handle. :-(

I haven't had an injury in years -- but now after a couple of weeks of exclusively doing the CTX and sometimes doubling up the cardio.....seems that my left knee is complaining a little bit. It's not "injured" exactly....I didn't even know anything was up with it till last night, I had to run to catch up with someone, and as I ran I noticed that one knee was complaining with each step I ran. It hurts on each impact. Feels okay all the rest of the time, doesn't hurt to walk or anything. So I am taking an extra rest day to let it heal up.

THEN, when I get back to my workouts, I'm wondering if I should switch to something like 3 days on/1 day off/3 days on/1 day off type of routine?? Or should I stick with 6 consecutive days, but a couple of them be not-quite-as-high-impact?

Any rotation suggestionss? These major life decisions are oh so hard for me!!!!:-hmmm

Debbie

My left knee started bothering me too when I doubled my CTX's!! And still bothers me sometimes when I run. However my knee would ache all day and then really hurt when I ran. I haven't ran in acouple of weeks, but I really enjoy it so I can't wait to do it again. In the meantime, I've tried to do 1day high impact/1 day low impact, then 1day off. So it would be 3 high, 3 low,1 off. I'm not perfect at this rotation, but my knee doesn't ache all the time anymore. Maybe it'll work for you too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.