Thighs

Shaz

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, when I do the leg workout in MIS or S+H, I really feel it the next day in my backside and inner thighs. However, I never feel anything in my quads or hamstrings, and don't feel like I'm hitting them properly. I also don't get any burning in these muscles during the workouts. I'm gradully increasing the weights each time, so it's not that I am not lifting heavy enough. Can you suggest anything? Or do you think my thighs are being worked even if it doesn't feel that way?

Thanks,Sharon.

Hi Sharon,
I have MIS but not S+H. When I do MIS I mostly only feel it in my buttocks and the top of my hamstrings (probably where the two tie in together), but not so much the lower hams, quads or inner thighs. I tell you what makes me feel it more in the quads is CTX where there are a lot of partial reps and holding in half a squat. I am interested to hear what Cathe has to say. But I guess I wanted to let you know you are not totally alone!
Jeanne

Hi Shaz! If you are challenging yourself in these workouts, your legs musces are being worked regardless of whether you are sore or notthe next day. Remember that your larger muscle groups are much stronger than your smaller muscle groups and this is most likely why you are feeling it in the smaller muscle groups more. As I have mentioned in the past, it is difficult to lift a very heavy weight over your head at home(for squats etc.) in order to fully challenge the large muscle groups of the legs. Therefore I advise mixing heavy leg workouts along with lighter weight workouts (such as leaner legs) in a given week or two to really exhaust those larger leg muscles. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.