Thick legs ??????

lorihart

Cathlete
HI Cathe,
I am starting to get concerned with the size of my legs and I was wondering if you could help me out a bit.

I haven't ALWAYS had big legs but about 5 yrs ago I put on 15 pounds ,then to get the weight off I started with running and you:) I noticed in that time frame that my legs got bigger and they never got to their orignal size after I lost the weight.My husband says that my legs are big b/c of all the exercise I do.Geneticly I am surprised that they aren't bigger then what they are now.
When I do strength videos for my legs, I always skip the calve part of it.For fear that my legs will get bigger.When I took my long winters boots out at the beginning of the season I wasn't impressed.I could barely get them done up.I noticed that in the new series your legs look good.Not to big not to small.Is this b/c you had time off while being pregnate? Or are there any magical tips?:p
In the summer I run to.I don't in the winter b/c I run outside.So, in the winter it is strictly step tapes and kick boxing.
Anyway, I would like to know how I could slim my claves down a little.Is there anyway to go about it without losing 20 pounds? Or am I beating a dead horse?????
Thanks Cathe,oh, and the new series is great!! Love the music, love the Terminator DVD.Whips my A$% everytime .
LOri

Hi Lori! If we are doing all the right things for our body (eating right, exercising frequently enough with a mix of both cardio and weight training, and with the appropriate challenge)then we have to consider our genetics. If genetically you have bigger calves and legs, then you will have to work at finding the right mix of activities to compliment your genetics (since you cannot change them). My upper legs genetically build muscle quickly so I find that if I do more running, endurance lifting, and longer spans of time between my leg workouts they will not develop size as quickly. So again, you need to work on finding that "genetic compliment". Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.