Thanks for Live Senior Class

firemedic

Cathlete
Cathe, I just wanted to say thanks for the live senior class from last week. I help take care of my grandparents who are 87 and 84 yrs old. My grandmother does a lot of swimming and my grandfather does walking but I know they both like to try new things. We often talk about who I workout with, which is you, and told them about the live class you had last week. Well, I went down to see them today and brought my laptop some items from my house that you used during the class and worked out with them today. They loved it!!! They said you are so nice, encouraging, enthusiastic, and pretty. They had so much fun and just called me to tell me that I now have to bring my laptop again next time so some of their friends can try it. So thank you from me in helping keep my grandparents healthier and making it fun for me and them to do this together.

Kim

I'd love to be able to download the workout to a thumb drive for my senior parents. My mother-in-law loved the clip I sent her and felt that she could do that workout.

I am so touched by your response Kim! Please give your grandparents a great big hug from me. I'm so proud of them for jumping in and trying a new workout with me. That takes courage and they embraced the challenge. Please thank them for their kind words too. I have learned so much about our senior population from teaching this class. It is and continues to be a wonderful experience for me and I believe for them too. We all lookout for one another, help one another and encourage each other every class. I hope to see your parents again in another workout!

Cathe, I just wanted to say thanks for the live senior class from last week. I help take care of my grandparents who are 87 and 84 yrs old. My grandmother does a lot of swimming and my grandfather does walking but I know they both like to try new things. We often talk about who I workout with, which is you, and told them about the live class you had last week. Well, I went down to see them today and brought my laptop some items from my house that you used during the class and worked out with them today. They loved it!!! They said you are so nice, encouraging, enthusiastic, and pretty. They had so much fun and just called me to tell me that I now have to bring my laptop again next time so some of their friends can try it. So thank you from me in helping keep my grandparents healthier and making it fun for me and them to do this together.

Kim

I would also love to purchase a senior video for my mother. She knows I work out with you everyday and has actually tried Travel Fit (but says the band hurt her thumb somehow). She has even sat and watched me (quite entertaing I'm sure) when I have been have been working out. She does gentle walking and stationary bike riding. I think she would love it! Please make a DVD to purchase! It would help to know what to get her for Christmas :)

I was so glad to see this post. I am having so much fun with the live classes, that I watched part of this one just for the fun of it! My mother is now 83 and has been wheelchair bound for about 5 years. Watching her decline, watching her have falls and fractured hips (both), physical therapists (which only come twice or three times a week), etc. I have to admit that it has changed my perspective on how important exercise is for the body, and also my motivation when I work out. Yes, I like to fit into my clothes, and look nice, and feel good. But more importantly, when I'm that age I want to be able to WALK, and MOVE, and be able to have independence. It's always been frustrating for both me and my sister (both lifelong exercisers) to watch my mother basically refuse to do the most basic things that would likely changed the course she was on. My mother would likely have never gone to a group exercise class, but she might have done these What I love about these LIVE classes is that it's like you're participating in a live class -- with REAL people -- and it's on your schedule. I can agree with the other people who have posted -- this could be a whole other segment of subscribers!

In fact now I'm inspired to go back and watch the whole video and see if somehow my mom would just be interested in doing the sitting portion!

I just have to say I loved reading these posts! I previewed some of the workout and think it would also make a great "injury recovery" or an "I'm too tired" workout. Cathe Live is so much fun, I am enjoying the heck out of it. :)

Kathy G

I took this workout to my grandparents place again yesterday and had 5 other people join in on the fun. They live in a elderly community and the activities leader there is now going to look into Cathe and maybe other instructors for more fun stuff for seniors. I went swimming while they workout with Cathe. I loved it because here in SWFL, it's HOT, HOT HOT, and Humid everyday, so the pool felt great.

I took this workout to my grandparents place again yesterday and had 5 other people join in on the fun. They live in a elderly community and the activities leader there is now going to look into Cathe and maybe other instructors for more fun stuff for seniors. I went swimming while they workout with Cathe. I loved it because here in SWFL, it's HOT, HOT HOT, and Humid everyday, so the pool felt great.

I think that's just awesome (your grandparents and their friends working out, not the heat and humidity!). :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.