Thanks

run4fun

Cathlete
I just wanted to say Thank you for all the great videos. I finally got my groove together and have consistently been doing weights for 12 weeks. I just finished an 8 week PS rotation. I can't believe the results I am getting with strength and body shape. I started the Slow and Heavy series this week. I really like it more than I thought.

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

I never thought I would enjoy weights as much as cardio again.

Congratulations on the little one. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my nephew next month.

I agree with run4fun. The workouts are wonderful. The best part is getting to workout with you! You never fail to make a joke or give encouragement at just the right moment! The workouts stand on their own as simply awesome but I think it's your warmth and kindness that shine through and take the workouts a "step":) above the rest!

I have been building up to an all out strength rotation and run4fun's post has convinced me it's time to really give Slow and Heavy my full attention.

Bobbi http://www.plaudersmilies.de/natur/petals.gif

Hi run4fun! Great news. Keep up the hard work. The results have just begun. An early congratulations on becoming an aunt. Take Care!

Run4fun,

How often do you run? I usually run on my strength days which is a little tricky when I am doing S&H since I don't like to run on consecutive days but I want to do the strength workouts back to back. I did S&H Legs/Shoulders yesterday (it's the only S&H workout I've done so far). I am doing Chest/Back today. Next week I am going to run M W F and do S&H M W F but I am going to do CTX workouts and single body parts on TU and TH. I am beginning to feel really strong but I am looking for more muscle! I wish it was as easy to put on muscle as it is to put on fat!

Anyway, thanks, because I have been holding back when it comes to Slow and Heavy and your post inspired me to go for it!

Bobbi:)

Bobbie

Hi! I am running about 4 times a week. I also like to run on the days I do strength training. I am getting in about 20-25 miles of running a week. My mileage has dropped since I started weight training, but I have not put on any extra weight (fat). I actually dropped a pound or two and according to my hand held fat checker I went from 20% body fat to 18.2%. I love to eat sweets...

I got through all the Slow and Heavy except Shoulders so far this week. I had to break the Legs and shoulders tape in half due to a time contraint. I am also going to try and put in PS legs and abs with this rotation.

The slow and heavy is a little hard to get used to. I am going to do these tapes for three weeks.

Do you do the PS tapes? Did you have good results with them? I fell in love with them.

Okay, I hope I answered your questions. Sorry that I gave you more info than you probably wanted.

Let me know how it goes!!!

Hi Run4Fun. Question: what hand-held fat checker do you have? Was it expensive? Thanks for your info. Kathleen

It is an Omron bodyfat analyzer. It sends some kind of current through your body and checks your fat. Some people say they get off the wall readings with them. I have found mine to be consistent. I find my measurements with the calipers are about the same reading as from my machine. I measure about the same with both. The machine was about 150 dollars a few years ago. I love it.

You are not suppose to check your body fat percentage with it after a big meal, hot shower, hard workout, and sometimes does not measure women in menopause correctly.

Hope this info helped.

Thanks for the info. Not belonging to a gym I have wondered how to get my bodyfat checked and I am MOST curious.

Run4fun,

I did Chest and Back today and I think putting a day between the S&H workouts is the way to go! Wow! What a workout! I do have the PS but haven't done it in a while. I figure three weeks of S&H, followed by a week or two with Power Hour and MIS, then PS for three weeks. Alternating between Strength workouts and Endurance workouts works well for me but with the emphasis on strength since I was a bum for a while there. So next week I am definitely running three days with a rest day in between. I like doing my strength work after a 5 miler! I figure I can throw in one or two body parts on Tuesday and Thursday as long as they weren't worked the day before and won't be worked next time! I need to emphasize shoulders and triceps since they're my weak spots. I LOVE S&H! Running is my first love. I am doing 15 miles per week and will go up as I am doing a marathon relay in December (6.1 mile leg). I used to do 35 to 50 miles a week. Don't know how I found the time! Cathe is just so awesome. I love her strength workouts!

Bobbi
P.S. Nice "chatting" with you!

Hi Bobbie,

How is the Slow and Heavy series going? I made it through with all the tapes last week. I started week two. I did Chest and Back so far. I got in 21.5 miles of running last week. I feel pretty good. I think I might go for 4 weeks on the Slow and Heavy since the first week was a little bumpy figuring out what weights to use and stuff. I am enjoying them.

Have a great week and let me know how it goes.

Beverly

RE: Slow and Heavy

Hi, Beverly,

Last week was the first time I did S&H in it's entirety. I did them back to back on Wed., Thurs., and Fri. They are really tough! This week I am putting a day between the three workouts. I felt my shoulders and triceps quite a bit from chest workout. I really like the 3 sets of 8 reps. I think I will do S&H for one more week then switch to Power Hour or MIS for a couple of weeks but I am very flexible when it comes to working out.

I stuck in a 7 miler yesterday because the weather here in Tucson is so gorgeous! I did it in an hour flat which is pretty good for me since I have been running only two or three days a week. I know Cathe's strength tapes are helping alot. My body complained like the dickens this morning though and I settled for 4 miles. I was dragging. Some days you have it, some you don't. I need to plan in a rest day too since I worked out both Saturday and Sunday. Getting too old to pound it out every day!

Have a great week and let me know how your training goes!

Bobbi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.