Thank you, Cathe, for helping me through rehab!

KimberlyH

Cathlete
I had my six month check since knee surgery--good news and bad news for my knees.

The good news is that my doctor and PT are very pleased with the muscle tone in my legs. I owe a lot of that to my twice a week leg session with you, Cathe. Each week, I do PS SLA on one night and LL plus the SLA floorwork on another night. I'm not able to use much more than 35 lbs. for SLA or 32.5 lbs. for LL because my knees will be "twinge-y" the next day, so I'm progressing very slowly on adding weight. I'm also doing a few of the leg machines at the gym 2-3 times per week. My PT was delighted with my VMOs.

I'm also able to bicycle, swim and racewalk to my heart's content, so I've been doing a lot of bicycling--anywhere from 100 to 175 miles per week. My husband and I are going to Colorado in late June for week long bicycle trip--we'll do over 500 miles with around 25,000 ft. of climbing. I can't wait!

The bad news is that my doctor wants me to wait until I hit the one-year post-surgery mark to start a running program. That also includes step and hi/lo aerobics. I was really disappointed to hear that, but there are plenty of other things I can do in the mean time. I don't want to inflict any further damage on my knees, especially while my cartilage graft is making itself at home in my knee. I especially don't want to get into a position where I can't even bicycle, so I'll be a good girl and do what I'm told. I had planned to compete in a few triathlons this summer and fall, and I think I'll go ahead with my plans, and just racewalk instead run during that segment.

As much as I love the PS and CTX strength work, I'm really looking forward to what you have in store for us in the new workouts! Bring on those low ends! Those sit-n-stands! Lunges and leg press! More, more, more!! :)

Yeaaaah Kimberly!

Great news!! Your trip sounds like so much fun too. You go girl!!:7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.