Tell me the name of this DVD so I can order!

kencock

I taped a Cathe work-out from FitTV, and my tape has "gone bad." I can't find it described on her site to order, so I hope someone can tell by this description what it is so I can order the DVD from her. It starts off with step as follows:

Hop on one foot twice; do quick shift of feet; then hop on other foot twice. There's a fast tap up on the board with both feet, requiring use of the core. There's mambo steps; leg extension; over and back. Knee up; triples twice half-way around the board and back, etc.

The weights sections are squats with toes pointed outward pulling weights up shoulder height as you squat; squats with one leg behind doing hammer curls
other shoulder exercises; then back; then down on the floor for abs.

Help! I really love this work-out and want to order it!

Since it's a circuit workout, I think it may be Cardio & Weights since she uses compound moves for the weight sections. It also might be Step, Jump & Pump. Those are the only two circuit workouts that I know of on Fit TV. It sounds more like Cardio & Weights though.

I would suggest you view the video clips for these two and see which one it is.

Marcy

Hi. Can you remember what color/s Cathe and crew were wearing? My inclination is to say "Cardio and Weights," but I'm not positive.

Yep, it's definetely Cardio and Weights.

To the original Poster: this workout also comes on the same dvd as Imax 2 (another GREAT step/interval workout). Just so you know when you go to buy it....

Cardio and Weights - very fun! The weight sections use two or one 8 pound dumb bell, correct?

Allison is right - it comes with Imax 2 which is awesome as well!

Jane I think it uses a set of 8 and a set of 12 pound dumbbells-- upper body and compound are the terms I think on the DVD.

Mmmmmmm...I think it's C&W, too. And I LOVE that DVD! I love love love love love the abs segment in C&W, and IMAX2 is one of the most fun and intense workouts OF ALL TIME. You should totally buy it. I've had it for four years and I still use it at least once a month.

Lisa

Hi There

This definitely sounds like one of my favorite DVDs - Cario & Weights which also has one of the most fun interval workouts of all time on it IMAX 2! You should order this even it wasn't what was on FitTV. You'll really love this workout.

Sharon

When I first got into Cathe, I taped the workouts from Fit TV also. Cardio & Weights was one of my favorites. When I finally purchased the DVD (as part of the Intensity Series) I found that the workouts were longer than what was shown on FIT TV. In terms of Cardio & Weights, one whole segment is missing.

People taping Cathe workouts from television are missing out on the full workout and the premixes as well. If you're on the fence about purchasing a Cathe's Workout, particularly the ones you already know and love from Fit TV, go for it. It's a great value.

Have fun!

Yep, has to be Cardio and Weights. I just did that one last week and it seems to be the one! Even if we are all wrong, it would still be a great investment! C&W is very fun and a great workout.

Hope you can get it!

Teals,i found that out w/ muscle endurance, there was a whole segment not shown on FiTV, imagine my surprise...(it was a nice one)

My favorite "surprise" segment not shown on FitTV....the ab segment from PUB...still can't really do the planks or whatever those pull-in excericses on the ball are called. I really should practice them more!

Aimee

Oooh yes, it's Cardio and Weights, just did it the other day. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would steer you to the right dvd Kencock!

I've never had Fit TV but imagined that the commercials would take out some of Cathe's good stuff!

A bit off topic....but in talking about the ab section from PUB...does anyone else have trouble doing that core work when their arms just got fried??????? lol

Jane I think it uses a set of 8 and a set of 12 pound dumbbells-- upper body and compound are the terms I think on the DVD.

Hi Amy,

Yes, you are right. I was confusing it with the portions that are in Imax Extreme (a huge fav of mine) and those only use the 8#. :) I haven't done this one as recorded in a long time, think I need to as I love the step in this one

A bit off topic....but in talking about the ab section from PUB...does anyone else have trouble doing that core work when their arms just got fried??????? lol

Yes! Definitely! Sometimes I do the ab work first because it's the only way I can do the pikes! My arms just can't hold me up after all the weight work!

Cardio and Weights

OK--I saw it again today, and it is, apparently, Cardio and Weights. However, I can't find it on the site to order. Does it go by another name?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.