Suggestions choosing Video/DVD for Beginner/Intermediate with two left feet:)

Hi Cathy,
I am somewhat new to the forum. I recetly got your Boot Camp and Pyramid Upper Body Videos. I purchased a barbell set and although strugelling a little, I love using them.
I am 56 and wanted to get more of your videos. Can you suggest one using the barbells that is in Video format and not too difficult and also a few newer ones that incorporate some cardio in them?
I know I have to oush myself a little more and your tapes are the ones to bring me to another level. Oh I really have two left feet ;-)
I have gone through a rough period in the past three years and your upbeat personality and videos have helped me cope with a lot of personal life changes. Thank you for being you Cathy! :)

Obviously I am not Cathe. She must be very busy with the hardcore series. If you want begginer/intermediate workouts I am sure you will love the body blast series. You will get step cardio with SB and the first 16 minutes of SJP, hi/low in SJP, weight training with PP/SS (there are weight exercises in SJP too), kickbox with KPC and a great workout for the lower body : legs and glutes.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

Thank you for responding.
I MUST BE TOO NEW BECASUE I DO NOT YET KNOW THE ABBREVIATIONS YOU ARE USING..CAN I SAY DUH?:)))
What is SJP? PP/SS, SJP,KPC,SB?
Sorry to ask....but I tried guessing and you would not beleive what I came up with:7

Don't worry. I had the same problem with I started in these forums.

SJP is step, jump and pump

PP/SS is push pull ansd supersets

KPC is kick, punch and crunch

SB is step blast

PUB is pyramid upper body

PLB is pyramid lower body

S & H is slow and heavy

PS series is pure strength series

BC is boot Camp

ME is muscle endurance

MIC is maximun intensity cardio

MIS is maximun intensity strength

RS is rhytmic step

PH is power hour

CTX series is the cross train xpress series

CM is circuit max

BM is body max

C & W is cardio and weights
CK is cardio kicks

IMAX is interval max . There is IMAX 1 and IMAX 2. You will find in the hardcore series IMAX 3.

Hope this helps.

Sorry I wanted to say that I had the same problem when I started in these forums. Excuse me.

Hi, Marsha,
I would like to add that while these suggestions might be a little easier than Boot Camp and Pyramid, they are not beginner/intermediate. However, you can always use less weight on your barbell and reduce the endurance demands by fast-forwarding through some sections.
Are you SURE you don't want to get a DVD player? You can get them now for $50 and DVDs are WONDERFUL!!!!! :D
Good luck!
Amy

TAHNK YOU EVERYONE!
I appreeciate the Abbreviations being broken down for me..Now I get it!
Also, I finallt did get a VCR/DVD Combo...I still like the VCR format, maybe the DVD will grow on me. I am going to figure what to order and go for it. You are both so kind.

Marsha,

I'm a little confused. You said you just got a barbell set and enjoy using "them". Do you mean a dumbell set? You use dumbells in PUB and a barbell in PLB. Also, do you have a step? Most of Cathe's cardio is step, but she does have a few kickboxing workouts. Her hi/lo is VERY intense (more like hi/highest!).

Her beginning/intermediate workout is Basic Step/Body Fusion and has some weight work in it. It is only available on DVD - might be a good intro for you.

Diane

Hi Diane,
Sorry If I confused you.
I have a way of sometimes doloing that, and I guess i am so new at this, that I have not used the correct words for the euipment. Okay, here goes, I have hand weights - dumbells. I only have 3,5,8,12lbs. But it is a start.

I also recently ordered a barbell set(I think this is the corect wording)It is the barbell with weights you can add to.
Whew..I beleive i got it right this time. :p ;)

I did order the upper pyramid and Muscle endurance. I am now looking for a few other beginner ones that may incorportate the barbell and weights and easy to follow cardio. Oh and yes, i do have a step too.Did this help? THANKS FOR responding, it is difficult getting started, but I have been exercing at home for about 8 years or more, I am 56 and have to get out of my easy zone and push a little more(Now, key word here was "A little more :>)

Marsha:7

I've got to dash out the door, but you might want to look into Cardio and Weights - a circuit workout mixing short step routines with weight work (dumbells) or TimeSaver - 5 shorter workouts from the BodyBlast series (step, hi/lo, kickboxing, weight work).

-Diane

ETA- TimeSaver is only available on DVD.

RE: Suggestions choosing Video/DVD for Beginner/Interme...

Hi I too am a beginner and so happy I found Cathe! I am almost 50 and have found the Basic Step/Body Fusion DVD very helpful in learning how Cathe cues(which is excellent) etc. Good Luck!

tHANK YOU so much to everyone who took the time to respond and give a beginner great suggestions!:7

Marsha,
Timesaver might be just perfect for you.
Take care,
Kathy

A big Hello and Thank you to everyone who suggested videos for me. You are all so great :>)):7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.