sudden weight gain and plateau

Hello! I am a petite 4'8" gal, 32 years old. I have been exercising regularly and watching my diet for some time. I had managed to get down to 87 lbs, which is within the safe, ideal for my height and the weight I'd been for years prior to having my kids. When my husband and I took a road trip to visit family for a few months ago, I gained a few pounds and went to 92. I didn't think much of this, as I'd been relaxed during the trip. However, I have not been able to lose what I gained since, despite going back to my regular diet and daily exercise regimen. I even tried adding some workouts and doing daily splits (strength in the morning, cardio in the evening). The scale didn't budge an ounce. Nothing has changed in terms of stress, sleep, etc., and no, I'm not preggers. :p Any clues as to why I can't seem to break through the plateau? I know 5 lbs might not seem like a lot, but on someone as petite as me, it does make a difference. I'd like my jeans to be comfy! :)

I'm petite too and find I really need to watch starchy and sweet foods if I want to get off a few pesky pounds. Especially so now that I'm over 50. I get off sugar, processed food, and limit my bread servings to one a day. Don't know if this is helpful but when you're close to ideal weight , I find fine tuning is really necessary. Good luck . Maybe it's just taking the scenic route to coming off .

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.