students on videos

BarbG.

I was wondering how you choose the students you use on your videos. Would you ever consider holding "try outs" for fans? It might even be a good marketing tool since some of your "fit fans" who have followed you for years might be a great testament to the video market. If you couldn't use fans on a regular basis, maybe you could have a "once a year" special edition video using your fans? Cathe, thanks for listening. I think you're sensational and appreciate your efforts to keep us in touch with all the latest exercise techniqus and advances. You inspire and motivate, plus provide an opportunity to work out with the BEST - YOU!

Cathe answered a similar question a little while back. I can't find her post but what she basically said was that most of the cast members are participants in her live classes who subsequently became friends. The reason that it is unlikely she will use any new "amateur" cast members is that studio, camera etc time is expensive and that everyone has to really be able to be very familiar with the work out to both get the filming completed in a timely manner and to be able incorporate any last minute changes into the routine easily. Additionally, rehearsals take place several weeks before filming and cast members really need to be locals. It would be fun, though!! HTH

Hi Barb! We actually have been asked similar questions in the past and what I will do is post the reply that I had written to one of these similar questions in the past. But I still wanted to thank you for the suggestion ahead of time:).

My past post quote"

Yes, I choreograph all of my videos and the cast that we have in them is a combination of instructors and members who take my classes regularily. While I sure think it would be fun to have a whole group of you join in the videos, it is something that is very difficult to do. Some of the reasons are 1) We rehearse for a few weeks at a time which makes it impossible for most people who do not live here to attend the rehearsals 2) We rehearse all different times of day 3) I make changes as I go along with things that don't quite fit into place and those who do not take my classes regularily could be thrown by these rapid changes 4) The day we film we are on a strict time schedule and therefore it helps to use a familiar cast so that we can move through the day more quickly.

I thank you for asking and am honored that you feel the way you do, but at the current time we could not consider this because it would not work within the parameters that we have established to get our projects completed successfully and without delays. Should this ever change we will surely let all of you know !"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.