STS and Shoulder Surgery Recovery

isuretri

Cathlete
I ordered STS as soon as I could. Turned out I ended up having right shoulder surgery (and carpal tunnel surgery on the same side) in October. I am still in rehab and can lift 5 lbs weights. How is this going to affect me doing STS?

I just had shoulder surgery in October as well - still not even able to do upper body exercises except for what PT has "prescribed" - I am planning on slowly working my way up in upper body weights (um, once they let me start- probably next week) and starting STS in March - that should give me plenty of time to preview the DVDs and get my 1RM testing done. I originally thought I wasn't going to be able to do STS, but my ortho told me it will not be a problem... But i'm not sure what type of surgery you had? I had a subcromial(?) decompression and removal of spur so my surgery was relatively minor - although you wouldn't know it by the aches I'm still feeling in the bone!

I say KEEP STS - you may not be able to use it right away - but you WILL get to use it....

Not Cathe, but based on what has been written on this forum, if you are able to lift weights, it sounds like STS will be adaptable to anyone--even beginners--so, depending on your situation, you could still be able to use light weights. If there are some exercises that are contraindicated, I'd personally hold off until healed. Better safe than sorry. :)

I ordered STS as soon as I could. Turned out I ended up having right shoulder surgery (and carpal tunnel surgery on the same side) in October. I am still in rehab and can lift 5 lbs weights. How is this going to affect me doing STS?

Hi Isuretri! As soon as you get the clearance to workout again from your doctor, STS would classify no differently than any other workout when it comes to modifying to meet your needs. As I have mentioned in the past, these workouts are effective no matter how you use them. Yes, doing STS as a system will give you the utmost "system" results, but doing it to suit your needs is also effective.....and no walk in the park either. I suggest for now to use STS in any way that suits you. Once you have it in your possession you can use it as a "system" any time that works for you!

Thanks

Thank you for the comments. PrincessBear, I also had a bone spur removed and they had to saw down some more of the collar bone for the nerve to pass through. I injured it trying to get an obese man out of the MRI machine and it pinched the nerve. It burned all the way down from my shoulder to my finger tips.
Recovery has been good. I am still having trouble reaching behind my back but each day is better. I had to quit PT because I lost my job due to the economy therefore, lost my insurance benefits. I am doing what I can at home and can now lift 5 lbs.
I can't wait for STS to arrive!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.