STS & Pilates

Autumn68

Cathlete
Cathe:
Do you think it's too much to incorporate yoga & pilates into a 6 month STS rotation, mainly pilates. If so, would you recommend doing them on non weight days? What days would you recommend doing them? I have no problem doing yoga stretch or your stretch max after a hard weigh session, but some yoga and pilates dvd's are challenging and I was wondering if it would be like doing strength training on cardio days.
Thanks, Autumn

Autumn,

THis is a great question and I just wanted to bump it up because I'd like to know the answer as well. I'll be starting back with STS sometime in October (after my Sister's wedding on the 3rd.) I'm wondering what type/who's yoga and Pilates DVD's you use or enjoy. I have a limited library, and want to expand it. So far I only have Karen Voight, a Kathy Smith (New Yoga?) and a Bryan Kest Yoga for weight loss that my MIL gave me. I think Pilates moreso than yoga are my interests, but I don't know whose are good to buy. I'm what I like to call an advanced beginner in Pilates! (I have a tough time doing a roll up without my legs coming up off the floor...).

Thanks for this question, I hope Cathe gets a chance to answer.

Hi Tricia:
I have been doing Crunch's "The Perfect Yoga Workout: The Joy of Yoga & Fat-Burning Yoga" and Karen Voight's yoga workout. But I just bought some pilates and more yoga dvd's. Here's what I bought:
Crunch - Candlelight yoga
Patricia Moreno - "Yoga Dance Fusion"
I like most of crunch's yoga w/o's.
As far as Pilates:
Crunch Pick your spot Pilates
Mari Winsor: Pilates
I am really getting into pilates, I have this sample tape that shows me the basics and I got hooked. But I want to do it along with STS, and I don't want to overwork muscles.
Autumn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.