STS and another workout in 1 week

TG007

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

A trainer at a gym told me I should hit each muscle group twice in a week. I'm doing STS Mesocycle 2 right now. She suggested that for example, I do all 3 DVDs or 3 muscle groups on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then may be do cardio on Thursday and total body on Friday or upper body on Thursday and do lower body on Friday.

I also should do cardio at lunch time (I eat at my desk) Monday - Friday.

Do you think this is exessive? Is it going to do me any good or harm to workout like this? I'd love to be toned by the end of the year :)

Please advise.
Thanks,
TG

Hi TG! I personally feel that STS as is, along with 3 to 5 cardio sessions, and a very clean diet are plenty. If you would like to make add ons as preferred, I'd like to see you do one at a time and gradually as to give it a chance to work before adding any more. You certainly don't want to crowd your muscle recovery days. Have fun and work hard :)

Hi Cathe,

A trainer at a gym told me I should hit each muscle group twice in a week. I'm doing STS Mesocycle 2 right now. She suggested that for example, I do all 3 DVDs or 3 muscle groups on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then may be do cardio on Thursday and total body on Friday or upper body on Thursday and do lower body on Friday.

I also should do cardio at lunch time (I eat at my desk) Monday - Friday.

Do you think this is exessive? Is it going to do me any good or harm to workout like this? I'd love to be toned by the end of the year :)

Please advise.
Thanks,
TG

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.