Starting workout program this week and need advice on which Cathe tape to start with plus more ques

SPD

I have been sitting on my backside have not worked out in over a year and a half if longer. :( I am so unhappy with the way I now look that I avoid looking at myself nude in the mirror; plus I hate getting dressed in front of my husband of 12 yrs. He says hedoes not mind how I look but I do. I have since decided to start working out agian and even committed to purchasing all of your new tapes; the 8 that just came out.

I really need advice on which tape to start in this set plus since I'm 5'1/2" at what step height should I start with?
Since I am wieghing at least 20 lbs over what I should I'm afraid that I may hurt my knees or something else. But I really need to get this body moving, and walking is sooo boring for me.

Please help me out in finding some type of routine to stick with and one where I won't pass out. I have just about all your tapes and I really could use your input; if nothing else for your support. Thank You In Advance

SPD--Good for you! I'm not sure I would jump right in there with the new ones yet, at least the CXT--they start in hard and fast and don't let up! Most of them use steps that were taught (and at greater length) in prior tapes. There isn't a whole lot of extra teaching in the Express. Having said that, lots of folks have opined, and I agree, that the order they are in the box is perhaps not the best way to go because you end up with leg work on both days 5 and six. I just put the Circuit one (of CXT) in the middle of the week, and that solves that. Maybe I'm a weinie, but I'd start out with the step flat on the floor at 4 inches until you learn them and until you build up a little bit of endurance. If you worked out to Cathe prior to your layoff, that endurance may come back a little faster than you might think.

At any rate, keep the faith--I started up again about a year ago after years of buying tapes and never really sticking with it. Now I'm a regular and have lost about 15 lbs and kept it off. It all starts with a commitment to that first day, then that first week, and so on. The Firm says first commit to 21 workouts, then to 100. That's exactly what I did (although I first committed to 7!).

Best of luck. If you stick with it for just a couple of weeks, you'll begin to look and feel better in no time.

Stephanie

Hi SPD!

I just wanted to say welcome back to working out again! Like Stepanie said, the new CTX tapes may be a bit intense for you to start back with unless you are good at modifying. They would be excellent to start back to strength work if you want to use those sections. Many times, I have just forwarded the tape to the strength section and you will find time-wise that you can do a body part very easily in 10-15 minutes and of cousre you can lower your weight from what Cathe uses if it is too heavy. Also, you commented that you have just about all of Cathe's tapes, so while you are waiting on the 8-pack, why not start back with something like the Wedding tape, StepHeat (which is a bit shorter for starting back) or maybe MegaStepBlast which is not too diffucult choregrapy wise?? Hope I'm not confusing you. I guess all-in-all, I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK and good for you for making the committment to return to fitness. Let us know if you need us to cheer you on or need any advice on the tapes.:D Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

RE: Hi SPD!

Thank You both so much I don't have the wedding tape but I do have msb & SH ... plus I've already recived my 8 pack of new tapes. I guess I just need the emotinal support ... I hope to get back up to speed doing Cathe tapes again... they're so much fun. Thank you once again. :0)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.