starting all over again!

Michele S

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-02 AT 10:48PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi all!

Well, my second baby has just celebrated her first birthday, so I think I've officially lost my excuse for not being able to work out. Fortunately, I'm actually below my pre-pregnancy weight (all thanks to nursing), but unfortunately, I am so out of shape that I don't know where to start! I'd really like to get Cathe's new DVDs, but I haven't even done the last set that she came out with. I have a long way to catch up!

So my New Year's resolution is to be back to doing Cathe's step tapes with no problem, but I'm thinking that these will really be over my ability at this point. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to build back aerobic strength? Should I just start with a lower step and do what I can or build my aerobic strength through other ways (walking, stationary bike) and then bring on the step?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I was thinking about joining my local Y, but I don't know if that will give me the incentive that I need to get moving. I'm afraid that I'll make too many excuses on why I can't get there. I have 8 days left before I have to get started, so please help! :)

Have a great holiday!

Michele

oh, my goodness!

Okay...I'm answering my own e-mail, but I just saw how Cathe got in shape after #2 and I am soooo inspired. The pictures are incredible and I am so in awe of Cathe, first of all, for sharing her before pictures but also for letting us all see that she had to work to get herself back in shape, too.

(Cathe, if you read this..."Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!")

So I'm only a year off schedule but I know now that I can get back to where I used to be, and possibly even in better shape than I was then. I'm bugging my husband to get me the new DVDs instead of the Y membership...I'm just so excited now! (I may even start before the 1st of the year!)

I'm still looking for suggestions, but just feel so much better now!

Michele

Hi Michele,

Post your question on the Open Forum too. We're trying to show a little discipline & not interfere with "Ask Cathe" questions but I bet you'll get some useful advice (or at least lots of advice) from the rest of the crowd.

Debra

Hi Michele! What worked for me after having my baby (which BTW was 11 yrs. ago) was to do 12 min. on the stationary bike and then I did some strength training and then got back on the bike for another 12 min. If I couldn't do the last 12 min. on the bike I would opt for the strength training instead. After I had Craig I weighed in at 123 lbs. I was originally 148 lbs when I delivered Craig. After working out like this for a while I weighed in at 115 #'s and then plateaued so had to switch up my program. Hope this helped. Best, Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.