Stability Ball & Troy Barbell Question

samanthac

Cathe -

Where can I purchase the stability ball used in the Intensity Series? What were the dimensions of the ball. If you sell it, I can't find it on the site.

I also noted that you used Troy barbells. I've been on their site but cannot tell which one. Please let me know which model it was. Also, what do you think is a good starting range of weight plates? NOTE: I am currently using 15 and 20 lb dumbbells for heavy leg work.

Thanks for any insight you can give me on this.

Samantha

Hi Samantha! The stability ball can be purchased at a walmart or you can order one online. We do not sell it but here is a link to someone who does. http://best-priced-products.com/cgi...ls.html?L+scstore+npql6428ffbce4bc+1047925851

We used a 55 cm ball. The general recommended size to height for stability ball selection is as follows:

55 cm. ball 21 inches 4' 11" - 5' 4" tall
65 cm. ball 25 inches 5' 5" to 5' 11" tall

Here is a link to the troy barbell system we used
http://troybarbell.com/index.cfm/ac...tegory/JUNK/browse/null/MenuGroup/catalog.htm

I would order four 10 pound plates, two 5 pound plates, and two 2-1/2 pound plates.

Have fun!

RE: Stability Ball & Troy Barbell Question

Thanks SO much for your prompt and courteous reply. I just started collecting Cathe videos this year and I have been VERY pleased with the workouts AND the customer service. I ordered the stability ball and am waiting for a quote on the Troy barbell as we speak!

I know that I will be a Cathe customer for many years to come! Maybe after I lose these last 10-lbs I will be buff enough to someday realize my dream of being a cast member in a Cathe video! ;)

Thanks so much again for all of your help! Have a super day!

Hey Samantha I just wanted to THANK YOU for posting these questions to Cathe and THANK YOU Cathe for your response:) It really helped me know what plates to get!! I ordered the troy lite barbell from fitness1st yesterday and then got to thinking I wanted a bar pad so I called today, and they are so nice!! I told her I heard that this was a really good barbell and she replied "You work out to Cathe Freidrich and I replied "yes" and she stated "Ya she is really good!!!
I told her Ya I really love your workouts and that you were the BEST!! I thought I would pass along :)

~Nicole

fitness 1st is fantastic to deal with. I had ordered more weight plates from them and when the order arrived, I was missing two plates. I called about 3:00 in the afternoon to let them know...the plates were delivered to my door the next day. Incredible service and very friendly people to deal with.

Not to hijack this thread, but I am curious about the Troy Lite system too.

What are the advantages of the Troy Lite system vs. my cheapo set I got at Walmart? Besides the fact my clips are stiff and I can't easily change plates.

Thanks,
Kim

Hi Kim:)
I was the 1st to hyjack this thread. When I did a search for barbells I found this one very helpful!! I did not own I barbell and did not know what plates to get or what to order?????? I have been talking about getting a barbell for years and I finallly took the plunge with the troy lite. I liked this barbell because it is something that I can grow with. Some of the cheaper ones I saw came with 20lb and 10lb and 8lb plates being there lightest. WAYYY......... to heavy for me. I ordered exactly and Cathe instructed and I also got a extra pair of clips and a bar pad. I got the extra clips as per instructed by on of my Cathe sister's:) I keep weight clipped on my barbell and if I want to go up in weight I clip some more weight on. It makes doing the workout more time effective. The barbell itself is the perfect size 4.5 feet and it very nice and sturdy, and I love the rubber plates very compact. I have never heard anything negative about this barbell. I hope this has helped.:)

Take care,
~Nicole

well, it looks like i'll be buying a new barbell set soon! it takes way too long for me to change weights during the pyramids.

question for those who own the set: is the troylite olympic-sized or standard sized? i'm trying to figure out if i can use my old plates or if i'll have to buy new ones, too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.