Stability Ball

smg1

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I got a Stability ball yesterday so today I couldn't wait to use it. I did upper Pyramid today. I could not for the life of me get on that ball. It was so difficult. I was falling all over the place. So I now have a new challenge along with the new tapes. There is a plus I can sit on it no problem. Thanks for the new series of tapes plus I enjoy all the others I have of yours. You are an inspiration :D

Susan:7

Hi Susan.

Sorry, I'm not Cathe, but I can tell you that the stability ball can be a challange, but keep up with it. It is excellent for the core muscles. I have taken a ball class with a friend of mine at her gym a few times. The first couple of times, I had trouble also. But it didn't take long for me to get the strength to handle the ball. Literally, every class I could feel myself getting stronger and more able to handle the ball. I would go to the class one day and not be able to do a particular movement very well and go the next time and be able to do it better. I love the stability ball. I use it along with my weight workout. (If you've been reading any of the other forums, I've been saying this quite often. I'm sure some people are saying....'enough already about the ball'.....LOL.) Any way, stick with it. You will get stronger with each workout. The results to your core muscles are awesome.

Kim

I just got a stability ball and am new to it too. While I'm waiting ever-so-patiently for my Cathe Intensity DVDs to arrive, I decided to get a beginner's ball workout just to give me some familiarity with it. I got the Yoga Zone Big Ball workout, which is basically a beginner's routine. I consider myself an advanced exerciser but this gives me a chance to play around with the ball and get a feel for it while I'm waiting. I paid about nine bucks for it. You might be able to find something cheaper on the swaps that are on various forums. Just something to consider!

This is not necessary, of course. I'm sure you will continue to get stronger and better with practice with Cathe's new ball routines if you just stick with them. Good luck!

Hi Susan! Glad you are enjoying the new workouts. Yes, the stability ball will challenge your core tremendously. It will definitely take you to the next level. Keep on working at it, your balance will get better over time and your core will get incredibly fit :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.