Stability ball

Dear Cathe,
I am so looking forward to getting my new videos.
I would like to know the specs on the stability ball you use in the new videos. 1) How big is it? 2) How much does it weigh?
3)Where it can be purchased.
Thank you and have a very blessed Christmas.

Hi lordslittleone! Our stability ball is 55cm. It weighs approx. 2 pounds. It can purchased many places. You can try Walmart or shop online (ie: performbetter.com) :)

Just wanted to note that 55 cm is good for someone of Cathe's height. I'm 5'8 and use a 65 cm stability ball. :)

The Ooof ball is basically a smaller, medicine-type ball so I believe it should work in place of the 8-lb. ball medicine ball that Cathe uses in some of the moves.

However, you might want to consider getting a second, larger "stability" or Swiss ball for some of the ab and core moves. It should be large enough for you to sit on and lean back on, so that your legs are approximately at a 90-degree angle. I have a four-pound Oof ball (purchased for the Fitprime videos) that I will use for Cathe's medicine ball moves. But I also just got a 55cm stability ball for the stability ball exercises. Can't wait to try it out!

The good news is that, according to Cathe, during exercises where most of the class is using a stability ball, one of the background exercisers will always show alternatives that you can do without the big ball. So if you don't have one you should be able to get the basic benefits of the exercises anyway. Hope that makes sense! :)

Thanks for the reply. I was at Wal-Mart today and found a exercise ball with the pump for $13.88 (It looks like the one Cathe uses in her video). I will purchase it when I get my DVD. I'm now looking for an 8lb. medicine ball. I've only seen a 6lb. medicine ball in Target. I did find one at performbetter.com which I will probably end up ordering if I don't find one here in Allentown. Thanks again for the reply.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.