Squats off the step

homewilcox

When you are doing squats off the step, which leg is supposed to be getting the primary workout, the one squatting down on the floor or the one remaining on the step? In the 3rd section of Rhythmic Step, you do a series of squats to the side and to the back. On the ones to the side, my leg down on the floor seems to take the heat, and on the ones to the back, it's my leg on the step.

Is this the correct form?

Thanks!

squats

Hi Homewilcox! Your form sounds fine. The leg that supports most of the weight during the movement is the one that will sting a bit more. But both legs get a good overall workout through the variety of squat/lunge positions and shift in the movement patterns during that exercise sequence. To get even more out of the movement, focus on a very soft landing and a very strong push off. This makes your leg muscles contact even more.

Thanks so much

Cathe,

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I have been working out "with" you for 7 years and love your workouts more than any others by far. Thanks for all you do. Rock on, girl!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.