Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Ask Cathe

Ask Cathe This is a forum to ask Cathe Friedrich a question. Cathe can't answer every post, but will try to answer as many as possible.

Spinning DVDs- More in the future?

This is a discussion on Spinning DVDs- More in the future? within the Ask Cathe forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Wish I had a spin bike. Maybe I'll purchase the digital download and do it at a gym with a ...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Catheite
hoffmasa's Profile Fields

Wish I had a spin bike.
Maybe I'll purchase the digital download and do it at a gym with a spin bike, but that would require me leaving the house to workout! That's foreign to me these days.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Cathlete
lainabaina's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeefe View Post
Be sure to get the SPD-cleat compatible shoes (Shimano is a common brand), not LOOK or SIDI.
just clarifying...Sidi is a brand of cycling shoes, not a type of cleat. i have Sidi mtn bike shoes w/ SPD cleats. Look pedals have a different kind of cleat & would not be compatible w/ spin bikes. those are mostly on road bikes. as long as you get SPD cleats you should be fine.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Cathlete
complik8td's Profile Fields

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeefe View Post
Be sure to get the SPD-cleat compatible shoes (Shimano is a common brand), not LOOK or SIDI.

Yeaaaaaaaa for cycling and yeaaaaaaaa for spinning!!!!!!
I'm cheering along w/you! Bring on more spinning DVDs!!

I bought Shimano shoes from Zappos and like them very much. They came w/cleats, but I don't use them. The pedal cages are fine.

I bought this Nordic Trak bike for HALF of the current price listed when I purchased it in the summer. It was on sale then. Very happy w/the bike. Definitely worth the investment. A different Nordic Trak model.... the GX2 is on sale right now for $399.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:09 AM
CLBON's Profile Fields

I don't have a spin bike (and no imminent plans to buy one) but took the download to the gym on my ipod touch and used a spin bike there and it worked great! Plus it allowed me to avoid having to line up waiting for the gym to open to ensure I got a spot in the morning weekend spin class. I just waited until it was over and had my own class!!