A Special Note of Thanks

Aquajock

Cathlete
Dear Cathe,

As an instructor, I often tell my participants, "When you feel strong physically, you feel stronger emotionally," and with your "help", I was able to live those words recently.

I got news Thursday that a cousin of mine had been killed by a drunk driver the previous evening. Thursday night is usually a workout night for me, but of course I spent the evening having a series of difficult, sorrowful conversations. I felt myself sliding deeper and deeper into despair that something so outrageous could happen to someone so vibrant. The next day, I got permission from my supervisor to leave work early, and came home. Once there, I got my workout space set up, and did a two-hour monster workout, the first hour of which was, of course, my beloved Interval Max workout.

That tape still pushes me to my limit, mentally as well as physically, something I desperately needed that day. It not only forced me to put my sorrow aside just for awhile, but afterward it strengthened me to face the aftermath of the family loss.

And for that I say, "Thank you."

Annette

So sorry!

Annette, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin. My prayers & thoughts are with you. Thanks for sharing your inspiring story of strength through sadness. Aren't we all fortunate to have our health and fitness (thanks Cathe!) to help us through trying times? Thinking of you!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :) "If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

I am also very sorry to hear of your loss. I have been going through a difficult time as well as my father is terminally ill. I have also found that, although I have not been able to keep up with my Cathe workouts as often, the physical activity has been very helpful with my emotional state. In addition, I have found that being in good physical shape has helped with the stress of the situation. Again, I am very sorry to hear of your tragic loss...

my sympathies

This must be an incredibly difficult time for you, but it certainly sounds like you have a wonderful outlook and attitude. Hang in there and thanks for sharing your story with us. I think it makes us all appreciate life a little more. You are in our thoughts.

RE: my sympathies

I found workouts trmendously "comforting'--if that's the word--when my dear, dear young sister was terminally ill and died. People who do not exercise don't "get it"--but we do, and if you need us: we're here.

Annette -

I can't say enough how sorry I am to hear of your loss. I can certainly relate (I lost my grandmother and my father within a year of each other). My workouts certainly helped to shift focus off my sadness, if only for a little while. You are in my prayers! Stay strong, I'll be thinking of you! :)

Regards,
Nicole

Annette, I am so sorry for your terrible loss. Such a senseless tragedy is so hard to come to terms with. I guess we've all been there at some point, and we really do know some of what you're feeling. I'm so glad you were able to cope a little better by pushing your body to its physical limits. Thank you for sharing your story, as I'm sure it will help somebody who reads it & remembers it during a hard time. My prayers are with you & your family.

Ruth

RE: And thanks to all of you . . .

Debbie, BayouGal, Candori, Murph, Nicole, Ruth -

Thank you all so much too for your kind thoughts. Not only do I appreciate Cathe Friedrich for her workout products, but I also appreciate being able to visit this board and participate in the dialogs that happen here. I visit Cathe.com every day, and I am always struck by the enormous optimism and support members of the Cathe Crowd (of which I am hopefully one) give to each other. I am also a frequenter of other aerobics-oriented boards, and often negativity creeps in . . . never here.

Blessings to all of YOU, and please know that my thoughts are with you in your life difficulties. And, as we all know,let us all keep working out! It works!

Annette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.