Snap & Recoil

skl

Cathe,
I am very new to kickboxing but I love it. I am usually very sore in my upper back the next day. However, could you please try to explain "snap and recoil" and "Smash Knee" I'm not certain I am doing it right.

By the way, I have done all your new ones except the total kickboxing and love all of them. I don't see how you are able to keep everything so fresh and alive. I don't think I'll ever get bored.
PS I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the James Bond type music you have in some of them.
Sharon

Hi Sharon!

I too, love the James Bond music. When I was working with Muscle Mixes on our music design I specifically asked them if they could create a song that had a James Bond feeling. They did a wonderful job with that song, didn't they?

The snap and recoil concept is the speed and intensity at which the punch or kick is delivered and returned. When "snapping", send the punch or kick out super fast and with great force (but do not lock out your joint, go as far as about a 95 degree extention). Then when "recoiling", you want to pull the arm or leg back just as fast and also with intensity. The way you would react if you were to accidentally touch a very hot object. This snap and recoil is what causes the muscles to work so hard and therefore, feel so sore during (and after) the workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.