Snacking

lchappell

I eat breakfast, but then I usually don't eat lunch. I will eat dinner, then snack on crackers, chips, or cereal late at night. I know this is wrong and not helping me loose weight. Any suggestions?x(

I have ten pounds that I need to loose and it is not moving, no matter what I do, even if I do an extra workout during the day. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori:7

I would suggest that you no skip any meals. You didn't say why you didn't eat lunch? You are not hungry, too busy or what? I would recommend that you plan/pack a healthy lunch each day and also plan a healthy snack in advance. When I am trying to lose weight or maintain, it is so important for me to leave for work with lunch and snacks that are healthy. This prevents me from making poor choices or visiting the vending machine during the day. If You don't like eating much for lunch, consider having a small salad with some grilled chicken on top and a small piece of fruit OR Turkey and raw veggies wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. I would recommend that you eat more and make good choices. I would think you are snacking on unhealthy foods at night because you have not eaten enough during the day. Eat breakfast, healthy snack, lunch, healthy snack and and then dinner. Try to schedule a time that you will not eat after. I try not to eat after 7:OO p.m. Eliminate junk food. Focus on eating clean and eliminate the chips,crackers, cereal from your diet. Focus on more complex carbs like fruits and whole grains.

Instead of crackers, chips and cereal, snack on fruits.

Also, you might want to post this question in the 'open discussion' forum to get more lengthy responses from other forum members.

my breakfast is usually peanutbutter on toast or oatmeal with plain applesause,cinnamon,splenda or cottage chees.also sometimes add in egg whites.
for lunch chicken sandwich on wheat and an apple
for snack the cherries are really good right now and i buy 2 pints blueberries for 5 bucks to have cherries and bb together
dinner-veggies and chicken or salmon-fresh.

laura

AMEN!

This is excellent advice - this is how I've lost 30 pounds. And I include a protein at each setting, whether it be peanut butter, cheese/cottage cheese, nuts, meat, etc. If you can't give up the crackers, at least make sure they are whole grain.

HTH,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.