Smoothies..

mrslcp

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!
Can you post a few more of your favorite smoothie recipes? I'm enjoying the blueberry smoothie recipe from the calendar!!
Thanks!
Lisa in Louisiana

Smoothie recipe Enjoy!!!

Blueberry Banana Blast
Cathe’s Favorite Recovery Shake

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
½ serving plain unflavored Greek yogurt
1 tbsp chia seeds
¼ cup blueberries
½ banana
1 scoop French vanilla Whey Factors protein powder
3 grams of glutamine
ice cubes

Approximate 300 calories
30 grams protein
35 grams carbohydrate
12 grams fiber

Drink within 30 minutes of workout since a protein shake is absorbed more quickly than solid food. The combination of whey protein, chia seeds, fruit, yogurt, almond milk and glutamine provides an excellent source of protein, carbohydrates, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals

Can you tell me why the protein powders are important? I have only tried one chocolate whey powder in a smoothie and it was just ok. I typically have a strawberry banana smoothie every day: 3 bananas, 10oz frozen organic unsweetened strawberries and water that I split with 1-3 of my 4 sons (ages 12 down to 3). I have added other fruit, spinach, chia seeds, flax seeds and/or nuts but not in months. I will often workout early in the morning before eating anything or after a banana. Why does it really matter what I eat (or if) around a workout?

I'm 43 yrs old and 5' 9" with a BMI of 24, if that makes any difference...trying to lose another 13-18 pounds, I lost 9 so far this year thanks to clean eating and your DVDs!! The past week I've only been doing yogamax and turbo barre with my cold, that is thankfully almost gone. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.