Slow and Heavy Series

meg512

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, another quick question. I ordered the Slow and Heavy Series and I'm thinking that I might have to split it in to 2 workouts to fit my schedule, can you tell me which parts I could combine. Thanks so much. Mary

Hi Mary! Each tape works two body parts so if you are going to split the workout, then do one body part for one workout and then the other body part for the next workout:).

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-01 AT 06:14AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Cathe and thanks for responding. Now I feel stupid because the reason that I asked is that I have heard that you should not work certain body parts with other body parts. Does that make sense? ie shoulders should not be worked with biceps, etc. Thanks. Mary

I just saw the post that Cathe is on vacation, does anyone else know what I mean, about working certain body parts together. Thanks guys.

Hello! What I have said in the past is that biceps assist in back exercises and triceps assist in chest exercises. With that in mind, to do the chest/back video one day and then do the triceps/biceps the very next day might not allow these muscles to fully recover. Now it really depends upon the person and the type of workout. I believe this is going to be more critical for the slow and heavy series because it sounds like it is fairly intense training. When I do the tapes, I will either do each video once per week with a day of rest in between each workout or I will put the legs/shoulders video in between the the other two for more recovery time. I hope this answers your question.

Best wishes, Cyndie

Hi Cyndie and thanks so much for responding. I thought that you had said something along these lines before. I think that I got it mixed up a little bit. So you would not do them 2 consecutive days? So, if I feel the need to make 2 workouts out of the 3 S&H workouts, it would ok to split up one tape and add for example legs to one workout and shoulders to the other to make them into 2? Sorry to be so confusing. Thanks so much and have a good day. Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.