Slow & Heavy & next day cardio question

Aussiemum

G'day Cathe! I just discovered your wonderful videos a couple months ago and I'm so glad I did. They are truly amazing! I am already on my 3rd order- I do have a question on the slow and heavy series. (YIKES! & WOW!) Is it ok to do an intense cardio with lots of arm movements the next day? I noticed my arms were, shall we say, a bit sore after my first go at Biceps & Triceps. I was tackling MIC for the first time and wondered if this wasn't giving the arm muscles a rest? However, I don't want to cheat the intensity of the cardio workout. (Not that that would be easy to do with MIC)! I suppose the same thing would apply to the Leg tape--what type of cardio workout is best the day after that?
Could you also please clarify the different effects between muscle strength & muscle endurance? Does strength training increase 'size' while endurance means ability to hike hills non-stop (for example)? ~ or is that the kind of endurance obtained through cardio routines?
(ps. I found the S&H video to be so relaxing. I felt like putty when it was over. This is like having a personal trainer!
Also-I am so grateful to the reasonable shipping price & the short time it takes for the videos to arrive-even internationally. What a professional & quality 'team' you have! Thanks so much!)Cheers!

Hi Aussiemum (how cute)! So glad to hear that you are enjoying the workouts so much. Using natural non-weighted arm movements to accompany your cardio workouts is fine, it may even help to reduce your soreness. But if you are THAT sore, you may want to ease up on just how aggressively you use them so that you don't injure yourself. For your leg workouts, if you are exceptionally sore, it is best to rest the next day or do a light walking workout, again, to help reduce some soreness.

Increasing muscular endurance improves your ability to lift a moderate weight over a long period of time, while increasing muscular strength improves your ability to lift a heavier weight than you previously were able to.

Take care and nice to hear from you.

Hi Cathe!
So nice to hear from YOU! Thanks heaps for the reply. It makes sense and I have found the second week of S & H a bit less achy. (Love that intensity) You've inspired my husband and I to 'crosstrain' with some running as well. (Hope your weather is at least half as nice as ours is right now!) Stay warm and thanks again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.