Slow and Heavy

smiling75227

I use the Slow and Heavy dvd workout. Cathe suggests that I do the workouts in three week intervals. I don't know what that means. Do I do just legs one day the first week, then arms one day the next week etc. Or do I do all three workouts each week for three weeks and then rest one? Can someone answer this question for me? Thanks
Debbie:

The reason Cathe mentions using the S&H workouts for a 3 week rotation is because she recognizes that it is quite tiring to maintain that mental focus for a long time. These workouts do require a different degree of focus than her regular weight training DVDs, to maintain proper form, but I always liked it. I always feel and felt rushed during endurance type, total body training such as Muscle Endurance, and I liked being able to take my time, think about each move and nail the form.

I also used to do these workouts for longer than the 3 week rotation length suggestion by Cathe and saw even better results in increased muscle mass and strength. I would do each workout twice over a 9-10 day period for about 6, 7 or 8 weeks at a time. Loved it. For a hard gainer such as myself, at least with the upper body, it was perfect.

Clare

Thanks guys! At 61 after losing 25 years of my life to addiction, I have been sober for many years now and I am working on my degree for addiction counseling. I love Cathe's videos. They are the best ever. I appreciate the feedback from all that replied to my question. I will do one workout each week from the slow and heavy. Slowing it down is awesomely cool! :cool:grandma

Hey Grandma:

welcome to the forums! Good luck on your journey. We are always here to cheer you on, answer questions, tell you that you are perfectly normal no matter what your idiosyncracies, and help you spend your cash on future Cathe workouts!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.