SLA question

Marcia

Hi Cathe!

I know you are very busy but I hope you can answer this question. When I do the floor hamstrings exercise in SLA, I have a hard time getting comfortable and when you do them with one leg in the air, I have to modify by doing them like the earlier ones, with both heels on the bench. You mention that depending on how tall one is and the height of one's step, some are more comfortable with their feet flat. No can do. I'm 5' 10" and have my step at 8 inches. Should it be higher? Do you have any suggestions as how to make it more comfortable or should I just keep modifying?? Thank you!!!

Marcia

Try doing them with one ankle crossed over the other leg near the knee instead of putting one leg in the air. This is a more intermediate move.

Marcia--
Where is the discomfort? Is it in the hamstrings or the knees? I find that with a low height, my knees are uncomfortable. I either put my heels up on my balance ball or on a chair. I beleve your feet should be slightly higher than your knees. Try that--it is such a great exercise for the hamstrings--really seems to target them!
Good luck,
Wendy

Thanks for the suggestions! I feel that I really have to dig too hard with my heels to keep steady. It feels wobbly. I've tried moving my feet closer to my butt and further away but it doesn't seem to help! I do feel it targeting my hamstrings, though!

Marcia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.