the sides of my legs

KarenL

Cathlete
Hi!

I have a question. My legs are in pretty good shape except for the outer sides. They seem pretty flabby. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to tone them up. I have been doing leaner legs, the slow and heavy leg tape and the floor work of the PS series but it just seems to me that the other parts firm up nicely and then there is............the flabby part!

I am doing cardio four times a week, eat pretty well, (except for my love of chocolate), and strength train about 2x a week. I have been working out for about 9 years and for about the past 2 have been doing mostly Cathe's tapes because I just love her style. I am almost 38 years old and am wondering if there is anything I can do at this point in my life to firm up the sides of my legs. I only work out at home and do not have access to a gym.

Your suggestions would be so welcomed!

Thanks!

Karen

Hi Karen,
I asked Cathe that question a few weeks back. Read her response to "exercises for hips". I have a treadmill so she incorporated that into it. I feel so far it is working well. It is tough beacuse I usually did step and hi/low so the treadmill is a totally different workout. I have been working out for about 12 years but outer legs and shoulders seem to be my problem. If you don't have a treadmill it will be interesting to see what kind of routine Cathe has you do. I will keep an eye on this post.
Good Luck,
Deb

Thanks for you response. I don't have a treadmill. The only exercise equiptment that I have are had weights, a barbell and ankle weights. I will check out the other post.

Have a great day!

Hi, Karen, it's the age old quandry of body fat storage or the "saddle bag". It's a fat deposit so you have to burn fat as well as lay down muscle, which, of course, also consumes calories. What exercise are you currently doing?
I don't have a treadmill either and have never cared for using them when I have had the opportunity. I like to run outdoors. If you don't care for running, walking is a great alternative. Did you know that if you walk at the pace at which you feel like starting to run, and can maintain that pace, you can actually burn more calories than running! It's hard though. I don't have the mental capacity to speedwalk. I try to do cardio 5-6 times a week although I am flexible since I also weight train each body part twice per week. I would recommend boosting whatever cardio you are doing and weight training also.

There are many rotations posted in the forums. You go, Girl!

treadmills simulate walking outside.

It is not a differnt exersize from just going out and hiking or walking/running down the street/up a hill. Treadmills are good for raising the intensity by simulating walking up a hill if you live in a flat area, and letting you work out when the weather is bad. However not having a treadmill should not kep you from going outside and doing the real thing, especially in this nice cool fall weather. I live in a hilly area and running up hills has done wonders fro the aread you are talking about.

RE: treadmills simulate walking outside.

Thanks for all the advice! I guess besides all the workouts, maybe a good mental image for me is.......everytime I think about eating chocolate, (or cookies, ice cream etc... ;-) I should think about it landing on those old saddlebags!

You all are very inspiring. Thanks for the words of encouragement!!! :)

Karen

RE: treadmills simulate walking outside.

There's an old saying, "a moment on the lips, forever on the hips!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.