short cardio

valdavis

Cathlete
Hi Cathe ( or anyone else who can help), I just got the three PS tapes as well as Cardio Kicks and Mega Step Blast. I have been working out on average 6 days a week and am loving your tapes. Previously I was doing Firm tapes, which gave me results, but not enough muscle tone. At this point, I am looking to really get great muscle tone. ( Ah, to look like Cathe in those upcoming videos!)

The problem I am having is how to work more weight lifting ( through PS and eventually Slow and Heavy ) into my week, but still get enough cardio. I only have about 1 to possibly ( if I really push myself out of bed ) 1 and a half hours to work out in the morning. Between work and a 4 year old, that's about all my time.

So here's the question, I have seen in other posts that some people do cardio on the days they use the shorter PS tapes, any suggestions on short cardio tapes or parts of longer tapes which can be broken up?

I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give.

Hi!

On days that I have a time crunch or need just a short cardio workout, I use the first part of Bodymax. I think that it is 30 minutes, including about 8 minutes of warm-up, give or take. But once that warm-up is over, I find that the intensity starts right away, and stays up throughout. That's why even though it is shorter than other Cathe cardio tapes, I feel that I get a great cardio workout with it! There is no cooldown after it, so I either cool down on my own, or have another Cathe tape cued up to the cooldown that I can pop it right in the VCR (am I the only one who doesn't have DVD?). Hope this helps!

Veronica

The cardio in Cathe's Cross train express series is short but very intense. Also Cathe's Maximum Intensity Cardio tape has two intense 30 minute workouts on it, one for step and one on the floor. Actually I just stick in any tape and work out for as long as I have. I then do a short cool down on my own and onto the weights.

I agree with all of the above, and Veronica, I still dont have a DVD player either, lol. The cross train express series has short, intense cardio sections as mentioned plus great toning sections as well. Maximum Intensity Cardio, either the floor or step is also a great choice. Another good one is Reebok's Intense Moves which is just about 25-30 minutes of an intense interval workout. Plus any of Cathe's other step videos are for the most part divided into 3 sections. You could just do the first two sections, or even the second and third sections, either way this would add up to about 30 minutes. Whatever you decide...have fun!!

:) Stacy

Hi Stacy ~

Here's what I do in terms of combining weights w/ aerobics.
I'll use the front cardio section of one of the cross train express tapes (your pick! :) and have BodyMax or MIS cued to the upper body section and immediately go into that for upper body weights. I split upper and lower body into different days. Same thing for lower body .. usually one of the cardio sections from xtrain express followed immediately by Leaner Legs. Just a suggestion .. but I can squeeze it all in in about an hour.

Happy Workouts!
Nicole

Hey everyone who responded, thanks for all the great ideas. Of course as fate would have it, it looks like I will just have to buy even more Cathe tapes. :) Now how I am going to convince the husband? hee hee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.