S&H back + pull-ups?

gvaughn

Cathlete
I'm just about to start a Slow & Heavy rotation again (my favorite!). I'll probably be doing the chest and back exercises at the gym, because I need heavier dumbbells (can't tell you how happy it makes me to say that :-jumpy Cathe, you are my hero) and the gym membership is already paid for, the new dummbells would not be, I'm running out of room in my tiny house, yada, yada, yada.

So here's my question for Cathe: what do you think of adding some assisted pull-ups, since the equipment is there and available? What muscles are activated by the three exercises of pull-ups, rows, and pullovers? Would it just be duplication?

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/pyth.gif Gretchen

I don't know about duplication, but assisted pull-ups are so fun! If you try it, let me know how it goes. I don't have a gym in my town, but am interested.

Andrea

Hi Gretchen, I say go for it! Assisted pull ups are great for your lat muscles and general overall upper body strength. The muscles that are prominently activated with the above three exercises are back, biceps, chest, triceps. So either take a rest day the next day after doing them or do your leg and shoulder workout the next day. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.