S&H 2x/week?????

msbone

Hi, question for the experienced S&H users:

I am about to purchase the S&H series but I have 1 nagging question: "If 2 total body weight workouts per week is what is optimal to get fit/stay fit, then why have I only seen rotations that utilize S&H once per week?"
I realize they are 3 tapes, but each tape focuses on something different, so wouldn't I only be working each muscle group once per week rather than the recommended twice per week?
Does anyone have a rotation for S&H twice/week?
or is it somehow not necessary due to length of workout, weights used, etc.?
Any clarification is appreciated, but if there is one of you out there who has a rotation for twice/week, I'd like to see it, I think it's a mind thing, I'm so use to doing weights 3x/week that the thought of weight training only once/week is making me weirdly nervous!
Thanks, Anne

Anne, I do S&H once/week because it is so intense. If you wanted to do it twice, you could do each tape once, Mon/Tues/Weds then repeat on Thurs/Fri/Sat. Personally, I find that my muscles are worked so thoroughly, I don't feel like I need to do the tapes more than once/week. This is also part of keeping the body guessing by switching weight work from time to time. These are terrific tapes that demand a lot of focus.
Shara :)

Hi, Anne!

Strong & Heavy is different in nature than total body weight workouts that you do 3x/week. You're still working with weights 3x/week with the Strong & Heavy, but training each body part only 1x/week. The weights are very heavy, and each workout of two muscle groups is about an hour. It's so intense and focused, that your muscles do need the rest of the week to recover and make maximum strength gains. I don't think you would want to double up workouts, or train for six days straight a week.

I think most of us here that have tried Strong & Heavy also find that we need to put at least one day of rest between the two upper body tapes, as the biceps and triceps get recruited to help during the chest and back workouts.

:) Gretchen

RE: Hi, Anne!

You could do S&H (all 3--once each); then some cardio between and finish off with Power Hour or Maximum Intensity Strength on one day.

Or, you could do the three S&H tapes, then pick 3 or 4 of the CTX tapes that add a little short workout for 3 or 4 of the body parts, you could vary which ones you double up on.

Hi Anne, what I do is each S&H tape once a week and then add one total body workout once a week, something like MIS or PH or Body Max - with Body Max you would get the cardio and weight training too, but of course it is a long tape, so it would depend on how much time you had. That way you work each body part twice per week. Just my opinion. Good luck. Mary

http://www.ukobservers.net/cwm/contrib/fk/flowerkitty.gif

Thank you everybody for your input, and I think I'll try what has been suggested more than once. To do the S&H (each section)once/week, then balance it off with either one day of MIS or PowerHour~that is if I can take it! S&H sounds like it's going to be one intense workout! Thanks to all, I'll take your advice, Anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.