Ryka Shoes

Tricia Haley

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

Whats do you look for when buying your shoes?(workout shoes) I (for the 1st time) am going to try some Ryka Crosstrainers. I went to the Ryka web site and there were several types. So how do you choose witch ones to try? Is there something specific you look for in a tennis shoe? Is there some Ryka (styles) you think are better than others? I figure the pounding your feet get you would be pretty picky when it comes to comfort and support. And what would be the differance between crosstrainers and Aerobic Rykas? And 1 more ?, How long do you recommend keeping your tennis shoes before buying new ones?

Thanks again for your time!
:* :* :*
Tricia Haley

Hi Tricia,
I have a pair of Rykas. They are a year or two old but still in fine shape because I just started to use them when I work out. They are really nice work out shoes. The difference between the crosstrainers and Aerobic tennis shoes are the Aerboic ones are made to go mid-calf or over your ankle to give support during Aerobic exercise, while crosstrainers or designed to fit bellow the ankle. Depending on the use of your shoes that will make the difference when you should buy new ones. If you use them all the time and they are worn out then you should gt new ones.

Thanks for your reply & info.!! I am so picky when it comes to my feet. I just want to find a tennis shoe that is going to really support and give comfort to my feet after an intense workout. I also only use my workout shoes for working out and nothing else. I am excited to get my rykas and I really hope they work for my feet. :7

I read alot on this forum about the ryka shoes and what other people though. Some good, some bad, but mostly good. I ordered mine from the ryka web site but I also found some on QVC witch were less expensive so I ordered a pair of them to compair. With QVC you can send them back after 30 days if you dont like them and get a full refund. Thats there policy on everything.

Thanks again for replying!

Tricia H. :7 :7 :7

Hi Tricia, I just wanted to tell you that I purchased Ryka's and have been using them for the past couple months and I won't buy them again, I don't think they give enough support. I always used Avia fitness shoes and never had a problem but I made a big mistake. My achilles has been hurting and I think it is from the Ryka's. I just purchased the Avia 691's and will see if it makes a difference. Take care, Pam

Hi Pam,
Thanks for letting me know what you think. I just got my rykas today and I am going to try them out tomorrow. I had ordered One pair from the Ryka web site for about $80 big onesx( and after I had ordered them I found them on QVC for a Quarter of the price so I ordered them to. So Im going to try them both and If i dont like them I am sending them all back. My former workout shoes were new balance running and they were pretty good. I had Avias at one time and I did like them alot but when I went to by another pair they fit me different. I don't know if they changed the way they made the shoe or what but they weren't comfortable in the toes. I have duck feet. Short and wide with little toes. ;( So I need room for my toes to move freely or else I get cramps in my feet. Well thanks alot for the info and I will let you know how it goes.:7

Tricia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.