Running & Foot Pain

SunKissed

Cathlete
I don't (didin't) like to run because I find it to be boring but I was on vacation and the hotels only had treadmillls and bikes, so I ran for about 35 min each time. Now I'm having terrible pain on the bottom of foot in the arch area on the inside of my foot. Any suggestions on why and if it will get better? I think I might try to add running into my fitness schedule. Thanks for your help in advance!!

Bridget

sounds like you need better shoes

Running shoes are not really the same as other shoes. Cross trainers don't really cut it. You may need to be fitted by a good shoe store (fleet feet out here in CA) Your arches may need support. Also, you might want to try some yoga after a run to really stretch out your calves, they can cause pain by staying tight. Although that said, I really think its the shoes. And yes I do believe it will get better.

Obviously not Cathe, but sounds like plantar fasciitis. do a search here, there's lots of info. If you treat it right away, you probably won't need PT. There are simple stretches you can do.

Thanks girls! io agree I think it may be the shoes. I don't think its palntar facitis because I've never experienced this before and I do high impact aerobocs I just don't run continuousley like that. I just want to slim my hips down and I think running may be the answer. I do appreciate you help y'all are great!

Bridget

Plantar Faciatis can come on when you suddenly increase the intensity or duration of your workouts, or when you do an activity that you don't normally do. So, if you don't normally run, even though you do high impact aerobics, it most certainly could be PF. Especially if you did it several times, in shoes that aren't made specifically for running. It should resolve itself now that you are back to your normal activities, and if not try rolling your foot on a frozen water bottle.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.