Running in 16 Week Rotation

Lollie61

Cathlete
Cathe,
I was looking at your 16 Week Weight Loss Rotation....I really like to run and I do this twice a week. Do you think it would be okay to replace 2 other cardios per week in this rotation w/ running? Right now I am doing my own rotation. On Mon-Run, Tues- MIS, Wed- Cardio of choice(not running), Thurs-MIS, Fri- Cardio of choice.Sat-run, Sun. Rest. I took a rest day today( Thurs) So tomorrow I plan to do BodyMax. I plan to do this for 3 to 4 weeks. After the holidays I am going to start the 16 week rotation.

Lollie

fitkansaschick

Really I have no advice, I was just checking to see if my user name still worked.

BTW I will slip running in for my cardio once a week in the winter and 2-3 times a week in warmer weather.

runner1.gif
[email protected]

Hi Lollie (what a cute name!) I run 4-5x/week and I'm training for a race, so I don't do any other cardio but running. My ankles & achilles can't take the impact. I do S/H, PS or MIS 3x/week. I would just mention that if you are going to add more running days to your week, you may not want to do any aerobics. It's just a lot of impact and your leg muscles need to recover after each day's run. By the way, running burns 100-150 calories per mile. Not too bad!!

marnie

I run in the 6 coolest months, and substitute IMax and MIC for the running during the warmer months.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.