Rotation/Workout suggestion for my paleo/primal lifestyle and to rid the saddlebags!?

mom2one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Cathe,

I posted the below "rotation suggestion?" question in the Open Discussion forum, but I specifically wanted to ask you more about a rotation based on my paleo/primal diet. I have multiple food allergies and the paleo/primal lifestyle is the easiest for me to follow due to mine and my son's allergies. I have lost a considerable amount of weight, but should not lose anymore. I'm finding (now at age 46) that less and more effective seems to be best for my body. I also find incorporating more active rest days helps as well. I'm overall happy with my body and health, but find I'm having a difficult time shedding the saddlebags (hormones???). Any suggestions or workout rotation recommendations you can offer would be so greatly appreciated! Love ALL you do! :)

Can anyone recommend a rotation that focuses on the lower body (specifically saddlebags!). I would still like to get a full body workout, but would like a rotation that targets more the lower body as that is where any little last bit of fat is trying to hang on! I follow a very clean diet since I have multiple food allergies and I eat a paleo/primal (some pastured/raw dairy) diet due to my allergies. I have been collecting numerous CATHE workouts and was following some of X-train before the holidays. Unfortunately, I only have a small window of opportunity to workout every day...30-45 minutes first thing in the morning at the most. I'm not looking to lose any more weight (lost over 90 lbs. already!) and my body fat percentage is good at 18%. I like to lift weights and kickbox, but I'm not coordinated for any of the step workouts (wish I were ). I also find I enjoy barre/pilates workouts a lot and I also try to incorporate yoga into my routine at least once a week. I am 46, 5'2 and weigh 105 lbs. I simply want to maintain my weight, gain muscle and lose this stubborn fat around my thighs and perhaps improve my posture (I broke my back years ago!). Would love to get some suggestions on workouts I could use to acheive this and maxamize my time. ~Thanks!!!

Hi Janie!

Thanks so much for your help! I love all these moves and do them, but maybe not as often as I should be. :p I love barre and pilates so I may be doing more. Does Cathe have a pilates workout? I know she has a barre workout and I like the barre workout in X-train. I'd love to see her do more! :)

I'm forced to eat squeeky clean due to my numerous food allergies (wheat, barley, rye, rice, corn, oats, soy, peanuts). I limit my dairy and only eat grass-fed/raw when I do and no refined sugars (I do have an occasional paleo treat on special occasions ;)). I'm careful to eat only whole foods (nothing processed) and I'm limited when it comes to eating out, so I'm cooking lots at home! :D

Thanks again for the tips/video! It's good hearing from you! Hope your workouts are going well! :)

Amy

Amy,

Cathe doesn't have a Pilates workout but she sometimes does a little in her DVD's. I love her barre work also, they really work for me and hope she makes more DVD's using barre.

I have GERD. It's a digestion disease and I too have to eat squeaky clean or I pay big time. I've only heard one other time another person eating grass fed/raw. Sugars and grain reak havoc on me too so I go Palio with the exception of Oatmeal. I can get it gluten free at a Co-op store. Seems you and I have a lot in common, different circumstances but when it comes to food there is a commonality.

Glad the you tube helped a little for you.

Take a look at her shop. You will find all kinds of DVD's for working the lower body. There are even small videos that can help you decide if it's what you are looking for.

Take care and good luck,

Janie

Hi Janie!

Thanks so much for your help! I love all these moves and do them, but maybe not as often as I should be. :p I love barre and pilates so I may be doing more. Does Cathe have a pilates workout? I know she has a barre workout and I like the barre workout in X-train. I'd love to see her do more! :)

I'm forced to eat squeeky clean due to my numerous food allergies (wheat, barley, rye, rice, corn, oats, soy, peanuts). I limit my dairy and only eat grass-fed/raw when I do and no refined sugars (I do have an occasional paleo treat on special occasions ;)). I'm careful to eat only whole foods (nothing processed) and I'm limited when it comes to eating out, so I'm cooking lots at home! :D

Thanks again for the tips/video! It's good hearing from you! Hope your workouts are going well! :)

Amy

Holy smokes! I thought I had it bad :eek:...dairy, eggs, tea and white potato allergies here. Eating breakfast out is pretty much impossible. Hang in there!!

Holy smokes! I thought I had it bad :eek:...dairy, eggs, tea and white potato allergies here. Eating breakfast out is pretty much impossible. Hang in there!!

LOL! Well, it's good to know I'm not alone! I don't know how I'd survive without my eggs! :eek: My son has the same + more allergies, so it's definitely a challenge! I LIVE in the kitchen! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.