Rotation Advice, Pretty Please....

nik13

Cathlete
Cathe,

You previously posted this suggestion to Crystal:

The best advice I can give you when starting a new fitness routine is to NOT do too much too soon. This means ease into how many days you work out, ease into the length of each session, and ease into how hard you push during each workout. Yes, the CTX workouts are shorter but they also involve a lot of impact and are geared toward a 5 day cardio plan (6 day weight plan). Although this series can bring you wonderful results, it is critical that you work into them gradually. Here is what I suggest: For the first three weeks: Do only three cardio workouts (two CTX and one walk)plus the weight segments of the entire series over the course of a week. Start with only TWO CTX cardio sessions per week and get comfortable with the moves. Modify the impact and gradually add it back in over a period of three to six weeks. This will allow your muscles, bones, and joints, an opportunity to get acclimated to the workout. Your third cardio should be a 40 minute brisk walk (50 minutes total with a warm up and cooldown).

After the first three weeks, you can add another CTX cardio on a weekly basis, always modifying wherever needed. So by the end of a six weeks you will be doing all five cardio series, modifying whenever needed. As for weights, after your initial three weeks, select the appropriate weight per exercise. Your looking for a weight that allows you to just barely complete the sets (but always using good form).

-------------------------

I haven't worked out in 6 months, pretty sad I know, but started the ctx series with your above suggestions.

I am in the 3rd week into it and I am enjoying it immensely.

My question is what kind of intermediate rotation would you suggest after this one. I have all your tapes and considering the new ones. My biggest goal is to lose weight, safely.

Any input would be great, but I will understand if you are not able to post.

Thanks for all the work you do,
Nikki

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.