Road Trippers: Bus transportation option

lorrayne

Cathlete
Hi Road Trippers,

We need your help and feedback regarding transportation between the two hotels and Cathe’s gym. As you know, the hotel is approximately 30 minutes away from the gym.
With 110 Road Trippers, that requires roughly 28 cars to safely transport everyone between both locations.

Based on the responses to date, we are concerned that not everyone has transportation between these two locations. With this in mind, we want to know if you are interested in another option available to all Road Trippers. We are exploring the possibility of hiring a bus to transport us between the gym and the hotels. This bus will provide the following transportation:
• Saturday, 7:00 AM pickup at the hotels
• Saturday, 10:30 PM return to the hotels
• Sunday, 6:00 AM pickup at the hotels; including your LUGGAGE!
• Sunday, 8:30 AM, transportation to 5 Points Diner
• Sunday, 11:00 AM transportation back to the hotels directly from the Diner.

Depending on the number of people who ride the bus will help determine the additional fee per person in renting the buses. The maximum cost of riding the bus per person is $13.00. This additional fee is LESS than what it would cost you to rent a car. Of course, an advantage of riding the bus is that someone else is doing the driving for us. Also, you don’t have to worry about getting lost or have the additional stress of finding someone to drive you. Best of all, we all can stay together to continue with our laughter, fun, and getting to know each other more.

For those of you who have rented cars and would prefer to take the bus, there is no penalty in canceling your car reservation.

If you are interested in taking the bus, please respond directly to the three of us as soon as possible so we can reserve the proper number of buses. Only those who sign up for the bus will be allowed to ride on the bus. Payment by check made out to Cathe dot com will be collected on Friday night.

All those who agree to ride the bus are still responsible for transportation between the airport and the hotel. It is strongly recommended that you make your reservations with Rapid Rover for your transportation to the hotel and your return trip to the airport three weeks prior to your arrival.

Thank you,
Debbie H., Kathy S., and Lorrayne
[email protected], [email protected], and [email protected],

I was going to rent a car mainly for the airport transportation, but it looks like I may not need to do that. I would love to have a bus to transport us that way we don't have to worry so much about driving and transportation. Let me know if this happens so I don't need to rent a car.:)

Susan

Nadine,

My paperwork is in my office. I'll let you know tomorrow. However, I believe the answer is right around 16 drivers...

Lorrayne

Susan,

What time does your flight get in? I'll be passing by Philly airport, I can always pick you up and drop you off. Maybe we can work this out so that you don't need to rent a car.

Let me know.

Namita

Namita and Nadine-
I get in on thursday night around 6:00. I had to come thursday because I am coming from California and it is a long flight. This probably doesn't work for you guys- but thank you so much for offering. I will probably just call Rover and get a ride. :)

Susan

This sounds great to me. I just sent a separate email to all th coordinators. Thanks for making sure to have all the details handled.

Kassie

I'm interested in taking the bus. I just e-mailed Debbie.

I'm a little confused about Rapid Rover. There were posts that said it was necessary to make reservations, as well as posts from people who got info from them saying it wasn't at all necessary. Could you please clarify?

Thanks again for all you're doing!:)

I personally phoned Rapid Rover prior to making the announcement. I told them approximately 50-60 people will be arriving on the same day who will require their services. With this large number, they wanted to ensure they had enough vans and drivers ready to transport that large number of people from Philly to the hotels. Same holds true for the return.

In normal cases (in onesies and twosies) reservations are not necessary.

I hope this helps.
Lorrayne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.