Request for new section for "read" only posts

audreygayle

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

Some of your wonderful detailed responses to our questions get lost among the day-to-day posts cause we seem to be a very inquisitive bunch here. Can you set up a "read" section to copy these posts to so we can easily find them for reference? I hate to lose that wealth of information that you provide. :)

Specifically, I remember seeing a post that outlined what type of workout each tape/dvd was (endurance, strength, etc), but I don't remember if it was a recent post or if I was looking thru archives, so I have no idea where to search for it again. :( I'm sure lots of the form pointers would be great to have in a reference place too. (not that you aren't busy enough :) )

Thanks,
~Audrey

I SECOND THAT! Sort of a Frequently Asked Questions section where we can't respond but have the answers to many frequently asked questions--like "when you say you are using 35 lbs, does that include the weight of the bar?" That gets asked by a lot of newbies & it's important for them to know. If you had a FAQ forum, they could find it without searching.

Hi Audrey!

Here is a post from Cathe. Hope this helps.

Hi Missy! Muscular Strength focuses more on using heavy weight and less reps. Muscular Endurance focuses more on using lighter weight and higher reps. Both workouts provide related health benefits in different ways so it is best to do both types at some point to get the best of both worlds. I will copy and paste a description I gave of my workouts to another poster a while back. Since then I have the new "Pyramid" tapes which would fall more in a strength category, and a "Muscle Endurance" tape, which speaks for itself.
Take Care

CTX WEIGHT WORKOUTS......These workouts are a cross between an endurance and strength workout. Because we move so quickly from exercise to exercise, the endurance aspect kicks in. But, at the same time, we don't really use super light weight and we do provide brief breaks so the strength aspect kicks in too. And finally, because we spend a fairly short amount of strength training time and on just one muscle group per workout, the maintenance aspect kicks in. Depending on how strong you currently are and what your goals are, will determine what these workouts can do for you. If you are just coming back to weights after a long time off, you will get more than maintenance from these 10 minute workouts. However, if you have been working out with weights regularily, then this 10 minute per body part work out will provide enough stimulation to maintain your current strength for about two to three weeks.

PS SERIES........This series is designed to promote mostly muscular strength. The three tapes are designed to be used as formatted. The layout of the exercises are set up to layer on muscle fatigue as you move from exercise to exercise. Thats not to say that you cannot interchange, substitute, and or tack on additional exercises here or there, but it mainly means that to get the optimal benefits from this workout, it should be used as was created. Those who are familiar with weight training and participate in regular rotation experimentation will be able to mix and match parts of this workout to assist in exercise variety, however, for someone who is not interested in doing this, they should rather do the series as provided and then use a whole other series for "shock value" when this particular rotation becomes too familiar to the body. Remember too, that once a routine becomes too familiar to the body that it doesn't mean that the workout will no longer encourage premium results again. It simply means to take a little break from it and do some other rotation before you use it again.

SLOW HEAVY SERIES.......This series is designed to promote PREMIUM muscular strength gains. This will be achieved by going through a series of exercises, performed in a uniquely slow and concentrated manner to eliminate momentum and thereby allow for maximum muscle fiber recruitment. Remember the overall effectiveness of the Slow and Heavy Series is not so much WHAT exercises you select but rather HOW you perform them. Regardless of your fitness level, if you select a weight that challenges you for all of the exercises for the duration of each rep, you will gain premium strength.

MIS.......This workout provides a combination of strength and endurance. Depending on your fitness level, you will pull more in one direction than the other. For instance, if you are new to fitness, deconditioned, or recovering from an injury, you will gain more strength because it will be quite a bit of work to your underused muscles. However, if you are currently very conditioned with weight training, you will most likely feel more endurance conditioning (yet never fully eliminating strength gains)from this workout because of the faster pace of the reps and brief rest periods between the exercises.

POWER HOUR.......Power Hour is designed to promote ALL OUT muscular endurance, good posture and functional fitness while improving your muscle tone and strengthening your core region. You will use a lighter weight than you typically would use for a traditional workout of three sets of 10 to 12 reps. To get superior results, you will need to find the most challenging weight possible that allows you to complete each rep for each exercise yet still maintain good form and alignment. To continue to receive the benefits of this muscular endurance workout, it is very important that you select a heavier weight for each exercise when your current weight selection no longer challenges you to the very last rep.

BODYMAX......This workout (in its entirety) provides OPTIMAL cardiovascular conditioning plus muscular endurance and strength conditioning. Part one (step aerobics) is complete cardiovascular conditioning, while part two (step aerobic/leg work blasts), continues with cardiovascular training and also begins to tap into muscular endurance gains for the legs. Part three (upper body conditioning and abs)begins to pull away from the cardiovascular aspects of the workout and kicks highly into muscular endurance/strength gains. Again, as with (MIS and CTX WEIGHTS)a combination of strength and endurance will be achieved in this portion of the workout for the same reasons as listed in those descriptions.

Hope this helps !

PS. While Power Hour may share some of the similar type of exercise feeling during the squat and lunge track, it differs greatly in layout and accomplishments. Power Hour will have a 6 min and 30 second song for squats and then a few songs later have another 6 min and 30 second song for lunges. Each of these songs will focus on doing highly repetitious, lighter weight, versions of squats/lunges with basically no break (maybe one 20 second break at one point)during the song(to promote ALL OUT muscular endurance of the legs). Leaner legs on the other hand, focuses only on legs for the entire workout (with a heavier weight) and offers frequent exercise breaks, more exercise variation, and promotes a combination of muscular strength and endurance. In summary, think of it as Power Hour being a total BODY endurance workout, while Leaner Legs being a total LEG endurance/strength workout.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hi Audrey!

Thank you so much! That is exactly the post I remembered seeing, but couldn't remember when I saw it. :) :)
~Audrey

RE: Bookmark

We already have this feature. Near the top of each thread you will see "Bookmark". Just click this link and the the thread you are interested in will be saved to your "Bookmark File". You can easily review your bookmark file by clicking on "User Menu" and then clicking on "Bookmark".

RE: Bookmark

Okay, it is probably right in front of me, but I don't see "bookmark". Can someone help me out.

Thanks,
Lollie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.